Non-dynamic trading. - page 26

artmedia70:

And anyway, where does this arrogance come from: that "tankless" trading is a marketing ploy for plankton? What are you, a shark? You should be more modest...

DC2008:

Anatoly, you are an authority on novice developers and the author of many recipes, BUT you make such categorical statements:

How could it be? If you don't have a recipe for index-free trading, then why claim: it is impossible? You just don't know them. Maybe it makes sense to study the recipes of non-syndicated trading from others?

You are making a substitution of concepts, and it's not the first time. This is not a statement, but only an opinion. ) And my opinion is not categorical, unlike yours, because I understand who thinks what and what and take it for what it is. I don't really care what definition someone has adopted for himself or herself. Whoever accepts it, lives with it. )

Let me try again. I agree that trading without indication is possible. By that, I personally mean that the trades are made 100% at random. What you personally believe (from what I understand), in my opinion, is not the case of non-syndicated trading, because it appears that the analysis is still performed. No analysis? Then it is guessing and only in this case it is unsyndicatory. Analysis is performed? Then it is not non-syndicatory.

What is an indicator you do not consider to be an indicator and in some cases you even call it a reaction. ) So I understand you very well. Did I understand you wrong? Then try to explain it once again. ))

I had a situation when I was writing an Expert Advisor that was supposed to navigate between three channels drawn by an indicator. I simplified the task and built the channel detection algorithm into the Expert Advisor and removed the indicator. The expert simply navigated between 7 dynamic variables and I needed the indicator only for evaluating the expert's performance. The 120 lines of the indicator and 8 lines of the algorithm, plus the integrity of the Expert Advisor fit into one file instead of two separate ones.

tol64:

What is an indicator you do not consider an indicator, and in some cases for some reason you even call it a reaction. ) So I understand you very well. Did I understand you wrong? Try to explain it once again. ))

Everything depends upon the notion of "indicator". I have already asked a question that hasn't been answered.

I am writing an Expert Advisor that stupidly adds up the last 10 close prices of a day (actually, two weeks). Then it adds 10 current prices (you can just multiply by 10, but I'll twist it - multiplication is too "complicated an operation"). If the second price is higher than the first one I go long at the opening of the next day. If the second price is lower than the first one I go short. The strategy works quite well on very old data (the 70s, say).

What kind of trading? Is it an "indicator" trade? Or "indicatorless"?

Laryx:

It all comes down to the concept of 'indicator'. I've already asked a question that hasn't been answered.

I'm writing an EA that stupidly adds up the 10 most recent day closing prices(actually, two weeks). Then it adds 10 current prices (you can just multiply by 10, but I'll twist it - multiplication is too "complicated an operation"). If the second price is higher than the first one I open a long position at the opening of the next day. If the second price is lower than the first one I go short. The strategy works quite well on very old data (the 70s, say).

What kind of trading? Is it an "indicator" trade? Or "indicatorless"?

Are you using two wands

Laryx:

What kind of trading is this? "Indicator"? Or "indicatorless"?

Do we need this nonsense? )

What difference does it make what kind of trade? As long as it is profitable. ) If you need to discuss your algorithm with someone, you can always do so in more detail and clearly than by using these vague terms.

An indicator is an indication that something has changed in the observed/analysed object, substance, variable, etc.

I have great respect for Victor, Anatoly, Artem... But what made me go from being a reader to becoming a writer: it was the pressure of their authority on a completely ordinary topic - "nonindicator" trading. They have reached the point of absurdity: if you make a twitch, you are an indicator!

tol64:

Do we need this nonsense? )

What difference does it make what kind of trade? As long as it's profitable. ) If you need to discuss your algorithm with someone, you can always do so in more detail and clearly than by using these vague concepts.

An indicator is an indication that something has changed in the observed/analyzed object, substance, variable, etc.

I completely agree with this view, but I have made this definition for myself:

"Indicatorless" trading is only possible if the trader is clairvoyant, i.e. he sees the future price (e.g. in the form of a chart).

In all other cases: "non-syndicator trading" - is"trading without brains", because any inclusion of brains is a method of comparison or evaluation, i.e. the presence of an indicator.

DC2008:

I have great respect for Victor, Anatoly, Artem... But what made me go from being a reader to becoming a writer: it was the pressure of their authority on a completely ordinary topic - "nonindicator" trading. They came to the point of absurdity: if you just twitch - you are an indicator!

Even the price is an indicator! In fact, the dispute is completely useless. Indicator or nonindicator trading does not matter.

What matters is the result

And since the topic was useless, you could fluff it up a bit. Which a lot of people did.
Reason: