Interesting and Humour - page 3856

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Is a statement of fact a bad thing?

It is normal.

Дмитрий:

I don't remember any composers, scientists or great chess players

But there's a great boxer. :)))

khorosh:
Well, to foreigners, all Russian citizens are Russians. And they deport our citizens who find themselves abroad to an American prison on the slightest pretext.

No.

In order for any country to deport a foreign national to the US, you need full legal justification.

I only know Booth. Who do you know?

Alexey Viktorov:
But there is a great boxer. :)))

I don't know of any great boxers in the Verkhovna Rada - who is?

Дмитрий:

No.

In order for any country to deport a foreign national to the US, you need full legal justification.

I only know Booth. Who do you know?

According to the Russian Foreign Ministry as of 2011. (no new data has been published), there were about 350 Russians in American prisons.

The trials of businessman Victor Bout and pilot Konstantin Yaroshenko received the most publicity.

Read more at TASS:
http://tass.ru/info/1779896
Российские граждане в американских тюрьмах
Российские граждане в американских тюрьмах
  • tass.ru
ТАСС-ДОСЬЕ. По данным Федерального бюро тюрем (Federal Bureau of Prison) на февраль 2015 г., в тюрьмах США содержатся 210 тыс. 310 человек, из них 50 тыс. 622 иностранца (24%). По сведениям МИД России на 2011 г. (новые данные не публиковались), в американских тюрьмах находились около 350 россиян. Наибольший резонанс получили процессы по делам...

The case against pilotKonstantin Yaroshenko was concocted based on the testimony of an FBI agent who provoked Yaroshenko into a conversation, without any witnesses.

khorosh:

According to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as of 2011. (no new data have been published), there were about 350 Russians in US prisons.

The trials of businessman Viktor Bout and pilot Konstantin Yaroshenko received the most publicity.

Read more on TASS:
http://tass.ru/info/1779896

Some of them were not deported, but they were arrested in the USA.

Some of them admitted their guilt.

I don't see "on the slightest of occasions" here.

Дмитрий:

Some of them were not deported, but they were arrested in the US.

Some of them admitted their guilt.

I don't see "at the slightest opportunity" here.

Guilty pleas are often just because they get a shorter sentence.

khorosh:
They often admit guilt just because they give a shorter sentence.

But an admission of guilt cuts off the possibility of appeal if you think you are innocent.

The same Bout - he was not only investigated in the US, but also in Europe. His name was in the reports of the UN Security Council and international organizations before his arrest.

Дмитрий:

But an admission of guilt cuts off the possibility of appeal if you think you are innocent.

The same Bout - he was not only investigated in the US, but also in Europe. His name was in the reports of UN Security Council and international organizations before his arrest

It is hard to believe that the Russian courts will be objective, given the Russophobic hysteria that is reigning there now. It is ridiculous when Bout is added to his sentence for drinking tea mushrooms in his cell.