Interesting and Humour - page 3809

Evgeny Belyaev:

Why is there a meter for gas? Isn't gas cheap in Russia?

The gas meter was originally installed because the heating is individual - with its own boiler. It is much cheaper than central heating. Although there is a cost of the meter every 8 years + boiler will have to be replaced over time, I do not know how long it will last ...

Evgeny Belyaev:

Why is there a meter for gas? Isn't gas cheap in Russia?

Gas has nothing to do with it. It is a meter business.

Andrew Petras:

Gas has nothing to do with it. It's a business on the meter.

and on gas.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

and on gas.

That's if installing meters increased gas sales. So would water. Which I have great doubts about.

There have been rumours that in areas with centralised gas they also want to push for mandatory installation of meters. But there are fears that people will simply give up gas.

We had an example of this with good friends. An older, "Stalinka" house. After the major overhaul, the gas workers kind of checked everything and said, "We need to change the central supply line. I do not know how it is correct, those pipes that are from the mains to the house. And you rolled the price tag... to the tenants. Under the new laws, that's the way it is now. I can't remember the price tag, something around the average cost of an electric cooker.

The residents' meeting sent them out with the pipes, many have everything from electric kettles to multi-pan heaters, gas consumption is in fact many times lower than it was even 10 years ago. The situation is still up in the air.

The same is happening because of the heating prices. Not yet massively, the tenants are switching off the radiators and switching to electricity.

All this, of course, does not add to the health of the electric light bulbs.

Andrew Petras:

Gas has nothing to do with it. It's the business of the meter.

It's the same as the water meter business. I was once pestered with the offer of annual water meter maintenance. I got fed up with it and decided to find out what was on the list of maintenance... You won't believe this... A visual check for tight connections and the state of the seal...

Andrew Petras:

That is if installing meters increased gas sales. So would water. Which I have great doubts about.

There have been rumours that in areas with centralised gas they also want to push for the compulsory installation of meters. But there are fears that people will simply give up gas.

We had an example of this with good friends. An older, "Stalinka" house. After the major overhaul, the gas workers kind of checked everything and said, "We need to change the central supply line. I do not know how it is correct, those pipes that are from the mains to the house. And you rolled the price tag... to the tenants. Under the new laws, that's the way it is now. I can't remember the price tag, something around the average cost of an electric cooker.

The tenants' meeting sent them out with the pipes, many have everything from electric kettles to multi cookers, gas consumption is in fact many times lower than even 10 years ago. The situation is still up in the air.

The same is happening because of the heating prices. Not yet massively, the tenants are switching off the radiators and switching to electricity.

All this, of course, does not add to the health of the electric light bulbs.

Electricity can of course be an analogue to gas, but it is not the solution to all problems

Alexey Busygin:

Electricity can of course be an analogue to gas, but it is not the solution to all problems

Of course. The men have more problems - to rebuild the kitchen, to buy stuff.

It's more of a deterrent.

Alexey Busygin:

Electricity, of course, can be an analogue to gas, but it is not the solution to all problems

It can, except for the difference in price per kilowatt of energy.

I don't have gas in my village. I have installed a hot water gas boiler from liquefied gas. A container, 50l=700r. is enough for almost the whole summer if you live permanently. And at home, when they turn off the water supply for repairs, the electric boiler burns up in 2 weeks more than in the village during the whole summer.

Alexey Busygin:

There is no gas in the house and the neighbourhood (180,000 people). There are many such neighbourhoods. There is a discount on electricity for flats with electric cookers. Some clever person has calculated that the efficiency of heating with gas in a flat is lower than burning gas in a large CHP plant and then heating water with electricity in the flat.

Alexey Viktorov:

Maybe, except for the difference in price per kilowatt of energy.

I have no gas in my village. I have installed a hot water gas boiler powered by liquefied gas. A 50l.=700r. cylinder is enough for almost the whole summer if you live there all the time. And at home, when the water supply is shut off for repairs, the electric boiler burns up in 2 weeks more than in the village over the summer.

This is what I was talking about, the production capacity of power plants does not increase, but rather increases the price of electricity, forcibly creating a shortage.

Reason: