Errors, bugs, questions - page 880

Good day to you all!

I have such a question.

For example, I manually placed a pending order.

Then, after some time, I decided to modify an order I placed earlier (it has not yet been executed).

I have no problem changing the price levels and TP, SL, but I have no problem changing the volume of pending orders.

The question is why?

(Why do I have to delete the old order manually, create a new one and reenter everything in it?)

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

Fia:

There is no problem to change price levels and TP, SL, but there is no problem to change the volume of a pending order, is there?

no way.

The question is why?

The answer is because.

sergeev:

no way.

Answer because.

Good answer...

It's all about customer convenience, isn't it))

The situation I described above is at least not logical and how shall I put it so mildly "not user friendly interface", right?

I hope the developers will take note of that.

Thank you!

Fia: There is no problem to change price levels and TP, SL, but there is no problem to change the volume of a pending order? The question is why?
I asked the same question a couple of years ago. Renat (I think) answered that the volume is such an important element of a trade request (order) that changing the volume is only possible by removing the initial order and placing a new one.

Yedelkin:
I asked the same question a couple of years ago. Renat (I think) replied that the volume is such an essential element of a trade request (order) that changing the volume is only possible by deleting the original order and placing a new one. ..Or something very close in meaning - it was immediately clear what we were talking about.

Yes, I see that MT5 does not provide for changing the volume of a pending order (which has already been created).

But to be honest I don't quite understand why a pending order triggering price (and SL, TP in it) can be modified, but the volume cannot?

What is the problem, can someone enlighten me (really want to understand)?

Thank you.

s.s. In addition to the developers, why can't I change the comment of a created oplot, what are the difficulties (I really want to understand)?

Fia: But to be honest I don't quite understand why the trigger price of a pending order (and SL, TP in it) can be modified, but the volume cannot? What's the problem, can someone enlighten me (really want to understand)?
Here, found that topic: Modification of volume in a pending order(post by Valmars).

Yedelkin:
I found that topic: Modification of volume in pending order(message from Valmars).

Thanks, I've read it, it's already clearer they don't record the order modification in the history (what prevents them from doing that?), but only in the log.

And then I still don't quite understand Valmars arguments.

The same way I can say about SL, imagine that initially in the pending order it was 20 points, and then it was changed and it became 5 points and then the pending order opened and closed in minus 5 points.

And what is the collision, there is no change of SL in the history? The arguments are not clear about the volume.

And if the pending order is not executed it should be modified not only in our terminal, but on the broker's server there is a log (what collisions?).

I still don't understand what the problem is...

I think the logic lies in the way position overlapping systems work, if they work with a fixed volume, the user should also work that way (so MQ does not have to take extra actions affecting speed)

Some kind of problem with virtual functions and/or number and/or number of classes in the same module. At some point a new addition to a class - found an error

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Объектно-ориентированное программирование / Виртуальные функции
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Объектно-ориентированное программирование / Виртуальные функции
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Объектно-ориентированное программирование / Виртуальные функции - Документация по MQL5

A100:

Some kind of problem with virtual functions and/or number and/or number of classes in the same module. At some point a new addition to a class - found an error

do you know how many?
Reason: