Errors, bugs, questions - page 698

evm180:
The formula for calculation is the same. The picture should be the same. If we build the indicator on D1 with parameters 9, 26, 52 and multiply by 5 (number of days in the week), then it must be the same as for W1 9,26,52. On MT4 it is the same.

the picture will be the same if only on a Friday afternoon.

Don't forget that (for example) the last 3 weekly candles and the last 15 daily bars are not the same thing.

When the terminal is closed, it takes very long or not at all to unload from memory and, moreover, the process grows (from hundreds of Mb to several hundreds)... A dozen of templates with many graphical objects, not a single indicator. I have to kill the process by hand - hence no saving of new constructions in templates and other consequences. Full unloading of other applications does not solve the problem.

Any thoughts on this subject? Templates are attached (on request)... what have they got to do with it?

I mean the overall picture, i.e. for example the cloud should have bars 2011.09.18 - 2011.10.09 on w1 with parameters 9. 26. 52 and bars 2011.09.21 - 2011.10.10 on d1 with parameters 45, 130, 260. Which is not in MT5, but is in MT4. By the way TS and KS are drawn correctly. It is a common technique to use indicator parameters on a smaller TF to estimate the picture of a larger TF.

And I'm all about the same thing

Similarly

The build this time is 619.

Dima_S:
And I'm all about the same thing.

Similarly

The build this time is 619.

It's hard to imagine that someone would type such a string parameter by hand . And if it's generated automatically (e.g. for startup from console), then such a long parameter required for program operation can be gathered from several shorter ones. Isn't it so?

Rosh:
It's hard to imagine that someone would type such a string parameter manually . And if it is generated automatically (e.g., for startup from console), such a long parameter required for program operation may be gathered from several shorter ones. Isn't it so?

It's possible to imagine))

Here is a simple example of seven pairs input line for a multi-currency Expert Advisor (the eighth one does not fit anymore - but I would like to):

"EURUSD.EUR.0; GBPUSD.GBP.0; AUDUSD.AUD.0; NZDUSD.NZD.0; USDCHF.CHF.1; USDCAD.CAD.1; USDSEK.SEK.1;".

As you can see, there is nothing unusual. Of course, it is possible to play with several strings, their program gluing, etc. But why?

to see that nothing unusual has been stuffed in. You could, of course, twist a few lines and glue them together programmatically, etc. But why?

Isn't it better to use ini-file for such cases, in which all necessary currencies are prescribed (and not only currencies, but other parameters can be also)?

Rosh:
Isn't it better to use ini-file, which contains all needed currencies (and not only currencies, but other parameters may be too)?

I would just like to use the standard tools to set the input parameters. There are a lot of different ways to do this.

Of course, it's not an operational setup, but it's not cool to go through the files and edit them every time.

You must have a static buffer used there to store this string - why not increase it several times?

Well, you know best.

Rosh:
Isn't it better to use ini-file, in which all necessary currencies are prescribed (and not only currencies, but other parameters may be too)?

Rashid, but in fact long strings live in MT4, and they are successful!

Dmitry described the most common case of specifying a list of required currencies.

And such parameter lists are used very often, precisely to set external parameters!

For example, this is how customers ask me to set lists.

// список валют через запятую

extern string Pairs="XAUUSD,XAGUSD,EURUSD,EURGBP,USDJPY,AUDUSD,EURJPY,GBPUSD,USDCAD,USDCHF,NZDUSD,CHFJPY,CADJPY,EURAUD,EURCAD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY,GBPCAD,AUDCAD,CADCHF,AUDCHF,AUDJPY,EURNZD,EURSGD,GBPAUD,AUDNZD,AUDSGD,GBPSGD,USDMXN,USDZAR,USDSGD,SGDJPY,NZDJPY,NZDCAD,NZDCHF,CHFSGD";

extern string TFs="60,240,1440,10080,43200";// - список используемых ТФ через запятую

You can look at it - there are about 250 characters in a string of currencies. And it works, and there are no problems!

Why would he introduce artificial length limitations in a more advanced MT5?

It's not rational.

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Тип string
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Тип string
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Типы данных / Тип string - Документация по MQL5

On the forum some threads sometimes pop up showing that there is a new post. But when you go to a thread you find that there is no new post.
Reason: