Errors, bugs, questions - page 2547

Tell me, if my Expert Advisor opens a trade at the beginning of a new bar and at that moment there was a requote, and maybe after that too, then on the next ticks it will not open on this candle, not at its start (which was the case today at 17:40 MSK on EURUSD M5 timeframe)?

Andy:

Tell me, if an EA opens a trade at the beginning of a new bar and at that moment there was a requote and maybe after that too, then on the next ticks it will not open on this candle, not at its beginning (it happened today at 17:40 MSK on EURUSD M5 timeframe)?

I have to look at the EA, what rule is used there?

Vladislav Andruschenko:

You need to look at the EA, what rule is used there?

The rule is that a trade is opened to sell or buy if the conditions are met (MA and other) not on every tick, but with the start of the candle. In this case the rule is fulfilled, but there is no signal to open even in Experts tab (the Auto-Trading button has been pressed and tips are just written there without opening).

Andy:

Tell me, if an EA opens a trade at the beginning of a new bar and at that moment there was a requote and maybe after that too, then on the next ticks it will not open on that candle, not at its beginning (this happened today at 17:40 MSK on EURUSD M5 timeframe)?

We need to write the EA so that it will try to open a position again at requotes.

Andy:

The rule is that a trade is opened to sell or buy if the conditions are fulfilled (MA and other) not on every tick, but at the beginning of the candle. In this case the rule is fulfilled, but there is no signal to open even in the Experts tab (the Auto-Trading button is pressed and tips are simply written there without opening).

We can make the Expert Advisor "beat" the server until it opens.

Or made a couple of 5 attempts and watched the next bar...

Vladimir Karputov:

The Expert Advisor should be written in such a way that it tries to open a position again at requotes.

The Expert Advisor was generated in the MQL5 Wizard, so it's up to the developers to decide what the principle is.

Andy:

The Expert Advisor is generated in the MQL5 Wizard and here it all depends on its developers - and what is the principle there?

MQL5 Wizard is an initial constructor. If you have outgrown this constructor, you need to go further and write it yourself.

Vladimir Karputov:

MQL5 Wizard - This is an initial constructor. If you have outgrown this constructor - you need to go further and write yourself.

I mean, in principle it is possible (not opening for this reason), Volodya, please tell me, is it or not?

I only write my own trading signal modules there, and everything else is from the Wizard.

Andy:

I mean, it's possible in principle (not opening for this reason), Volodya, can you tell me for sure - yes or no?

I only write my own trading signal modules there, and everything else is from the Wizard.

Expert Advisor generated by MQL5 Wizard - it's so to speak without feedback: a signal from a module of signals arrived -> triggered a trade order and the next signal will not take effect until the next one arrives.

Thanks, that's what I thought. So it could be this.
Reason: