Errors, bugs, questions - page 2455

Question.

I am experiencing problems on the VPS.

1. For example mufhbook update via their advisor is hanging from 25 March and today is 5 May.

2. There are accounts where trades have not opened for a long time unlike the test run for the same period.

Any thoughts on why this is the case and have you had a similar experience?

psyman:

I don't know what topic to write in, this one seems to fit.

When there are a large number of positions and orders on one instrument, they start to interfere with the price chart, and the user has no possibility to edit the colour.

This simple setting has not been implemented yet for some reason. It would be very convenient to distinguish open positions and orders, as well as their direction, by colour.

Do the developers read this topic, can we expect some reaction to this post?

In Metatrader we have the ability to write programs for almost any need ... for almost anything. So if we need to change the colours of the lines to distinguish positions and orders, even separately for each type, we can do this programmatically and inexpensively, which is why there are no standard settings

FidelM:

Hello

I am having a big problem with copying the signal.

A GBPUSD position opened at the provider on Friday. Two positions opened on my terminal and after a few hours one of them closed with a loss. Although, it is still open at my Provider.

I consider it as a program failure, because it is unclear why two positions were opened instead of one and why one of them was closed!

I send you the screenshots from the account provider and from my own, as well as the log of my terminal.

Please help me to understand this situation.

First, answer the questions:

1. You have a signal copied ONLY in a local terminal or somewhere else in the VPS (or another terminal)?
  2. On your trading account, on which a signal is copied, do you open something manually? Or maybe other Expert Advisors work on this trading account?

Hello, this seems to be a question for the MT5 developers.

Problem when adding a string to the running code of a dynamic library which provides memory allocation for an array

Without this line in the code

sRow* newArr = new sRow[tCntRows+1];

The library works.

As soon as I add this line, an error message pops up at runtime. Compiling the library passes without any problems

"2019.05.06 10:15:55.056 test (USDCAD,M5) Cannot call 'GetItem', 'testlib.dll' is not loaded
2019.05.06 10:15:55.056 test (USDCAD,M5) unresolved import function call

Why is this happening?

Victor:

Hello, this seems to be a question for the MT5 developers.

Problem when adding a string to the running code of a dynamic library which provides memory allocation for an array

Without this line in the code

sRow* newArr = new sRow[tCntRows+1];

The library works.

As soon as I add this line, an error message pops up at runtime. Compiling the library passes without any problems

"2019.05.06 10:15:55.056 test (USDCAD,M5) Cannot call 'GetItem', 'testlib.dll' is not loaded
2019.05.06 10:15:55.056 test (USDCAD,M5) unresolved import function call

Why is this happening?

Please provide the code for review.

As an option:
The testlib::GetItem function is called in sRow::sRow constructor, which is not in testlib.dll.
While sRow::sRow constructor is not called, testlib::GetItem is not called - no error of linking MQL program and DLL

FidelM:

Hello

I am having a big problem with copying the signal.

A GBPUSD position opened at the provider on Friday. Two positions opened on my terminal and after a few hours one of them closed with a loss. Although, it is still open at my Provider.

I consider it as a program failure, because it is unclear why two positions were opened instead of one and why one of them was closed!

I send you the screenshots from the account provider and from my own, as well as the log of my terminal.

Please help me to understand the situation.

You have attached the log for May 5, while the opening of positions was on May 3.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

In Metatrader it is possible to write programs for almost any need ... Almost any needs. So if you need to change the colours of the lines to distinguish between positions and orders, even separately for each type, it can be done programmatically and inexpensively, which is why there are no standard settings

If an EA is trading, then of course, no problem, but what if we deal with manual trading - do we need to saw a crutch?

After all, we only need to add four colours in the interface - two for positions and two for orders.

Do the developers respond to posts in this thread? Can we expect any response?

Vladimir Karputov:

Answer the questions first:

1. Is the signal copied ONLY to your local terminal or somewhere else on a VPS (or another terminal)?
  2. In your trading account, to which the signal is copied, do you open something manually? Or maybe other Expert Advisors work on this trading account?

I work as a VPS and I have two computers to work on. Maybe both of them were open at that moment but I don't interfere with them manually.

In this case 2 trades will be opened?

Even if so, it does not explain why one of these trades closed by itself.

FidelM:

A VPS is running and in principle there are two computers to work on. Probably both were open at this point but I don't intervene with my hands.

In this case would there be 2 trades open?

Even if so, it doesn't explain why one of those trades closed by itself.

Read Help. Read "FAQ on the Signals service". Watch the video help on the Signals service.
And at this point I strongly recommend to DISCONNECT signal copying on this trading account in desktop local terminals: you have a VPS running for signal copying.

Vladimir Karputov:
Read Help. Read "FAQ on the Signals service". Watch video help on the Signals service.
And for the time being, I strongly recommend to DISCONNECT signal copying on this trading account in desktop local terminals: you have a VPS running to copy signals.
Thank you!
Reason: