Errors, bugs, questions - page 2097

fxsaber:

Several browsers with dozens of tabs open in read mode eat zero. It's strange when a completely empty terminal consumes like a torrent client. And nothing changes if you unplug the internet from the computer.

Mt4 runs in the same thread and therefore always knows where it is and who it is. Mt5 is all out of sync, although it can't work in multithreaded mode, hence the brakes. Mt5 wants to synchronise and it can't do it ))

p.s. I have a broker's meta-editor on the list of banned programs, for some reason it eats a lot of traffic and slows down the computer as a whole.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Mt4 is single threaded and therefore always knows where it is and who it is. Mt5 is all out of sync, although it can't multithread, hence the brakes.

This is outright nonsense. You can open the resource monitor and make sure.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

It's incorrect to compare it with a browser. Background tabs, as far as I can see, don't consume resources at all.

Has anyone compared the speed of MT5 and web terminal? )

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

And the terminal receives ticks and builds the time-series, regardless of whether the chart is active or not, so that when you switch to it, it shows the latest information without any delays.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Bugs, bugs, questions

fxsaber, 2018.01.02 09:18

MT5 b1730, only GBPUSD MetaQuotes-Demo in Market Watch, no charts. terminal64.exe eats 2-3% CPU.

I.e. the terminal is emptier than ever. Also it has

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Errors, bugs, questions

fxsaber, 2018.01.02 15:39

Nothing changes by pulling the internet from the comp.

Absurd when an empty terminal consumes more than a downloaded torrent. This is, of course, to the developers only.

How do you get MT5 to be "quieter than grass"?

fxsaber:

That is to say, the terminal is emptier than it needs to be. Also this.

It's absurd when an empty terminal consumes more than a downloaded torrent. This, of course, is to the developers only.

How to make MT5 be "quieter than grass"?

Комбинатор:

Has anyone compared the speed of the MT5 and the web terminal? )

No, just the terminal and the browser.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

within 1-2% is an incorrect comparison.

Why?

fxsaber:

Why?

Intuition. I can't actually say anything.

fxsaber:

That is to say, the terminal is emptier than it needs to be. Also this.

It's absurd when an empty terminal consumes more than a downloaded torrent. This, of course, is to the developers only.

How do you get MT5 to be "quieter than grass"?

Let's check if we're updating/redrawing somewhere unnecessary.

But the description is in words without technical details. Not even a computer config.

1) I hope it was an initially empty terminal, and not in the "there was a lot open, but I closed without restarting" scheme. If it's not initially empty, then it has a lot of caches and active objects (charts, data streams), which are just hidden and hope to be used again now. Of course, they live and are updated.

2) Are you sure it's not a vpc? If so, it's easy to get anything.

Комбинатор:

This is outright nonsense. You can open the resource monitor and see for yourself.

Definitely not nonsense, there is a misunderstanding. Explain to me where the meta-editor breaks into, what does it do on the Internet?

That's the point, you open the monitor and there metaeditor breaks into the internet and downloads, downloads, downloads.

Of course this does not always happen and not all brokers, so it is problematic to fix this fact. You probably rarely open the monitor and do not see what is going on there.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Check to see if there's anything unnecessary updating/redrawing somewhere.

But the description is in words without technical details. Not even a computer configuration.

Alpari Limited MT5 x64 build 1730 started (Alpari Limited)
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601), x64, IE 09.00, Intel Core i7-2700 K  @ 3.50 GHz, RAM: 7220 / 16301 Mb, HDD: 2977 / 30000 Mb, GMT+02:00

1) I hope you meant an initially empty terminal, and not in the "there was a lot open, but I closed without restarting" scheme. If it's not initially empty, then it has a lot of caches and active objects (charts, data streams), which are just hidden and hope to be used again now. Of course, they live and are updated.

Launched from scratch.

2) Are you sure it's not a vpc? If so, you'll easily get anything.

Home comp.

Reason: