Errors, bugs, questions - page 1361

Karputov Vladimir:

Strange (looked at the log file). From experience, if there is an update, it takes literally three seconds for the download to start after connection.

On local PCs, it does. It downloads everywhere. Such hassle only on a dedicated virtual server for vindovs-server for I think the year 2007.

Alexey Navoykov:

How can we leave the= operator unchanged, if it causes confusion between the pointers and the objects themselves? If we use * for it, we should use it for all the other operators as well. There should be a single standard.

In fact, you offer a simple and clear notation

a = (b + c) - d*e + f;
Replace with
*a = (*b + *c) - *d**e + *f;
And this is for what? So that you can write
bool c = *a == *b;

while a special function can be used to compare pointers to equality, and all other arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.) with pointers have no sense per se, and are interesting only in terms of their overloading capability.

Only by creating a mathematical base and derived class, redefining several (rather than one or two) arithmetic operations, making them virtual and then testing complex expressions (not just a = b + c) on their basis - only this will bring you closer to understanding that everything is now done OPTIMALLY. In the meantime, you're reasoning at an entry level.

If you carry comparison of pointers to equality into a separate function, there will remain only one(!) bottleneck

class A {};

A *a = b; //однозначно присвоение указателю значения
a = b;    //неоднозначно
which however should also be treated as an assignment and not an operator=() call, because currently there is no other syntax for assigning a value to a pointer, while a.operator=( b ) can be called explicitly as well.

Alexey Navoykov:

And what you propose, that the compiler itself chooses the right option - this is wrong. There will be a lot of hard to catch errors.

You are missing the point of the suggestions. Bringing pointer-to-equality comparison operations into a separate function may reduce the probability of an error, but not increase it at all.

Rule #1 - use a special function to compare pointers to equality.

Rule #2 - do not use equality pointer comparison outside of a special function, although the language provides this syntax (for advanced users)

What hard-to-find errors?

Please reconsider the function of the

bool CTrade::FillingCheck(const string symbol)

of the standard library

there are symbols with execution type - stock but do not support fill type

ORDER_FILLING_IOC, SYMBOL_FILLING_FOK

but only

ORDER_FILLING_RETURN

automatically use this part of the cTrade library does not work with such symbols

Gennadiy Stanilevych:

On the local computers, it does. It loads everywhere. Such a hassle only on a dedicated virtual server under the vinds-server I think 2007.

I have a local one, without proxy, with Metaquotes-Demo connection and multiple reboots still 1150.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
My local, no proxy, with Metaquotes-Demo connection and multiple reboots is still 1150.
I have 1159 everywhere. compiled all the software on 1159 and now not a single .ex5 indicator is loading on the 1150 release installed on the VPS. It's a mess.

I may be out of the loop, but... When I look at the signal statistics at MQL5.com, there is a section called "Slippage". It says that it is measured in points. What is considered to be a pip? Is it the penultimate digit of the currency pair? Or is it the extreme value? For example, the pair USD/JPY is now at 119.793. Or the pair EUR/USD is at 1.13693. Where are the points?

Thank you!

What kind of perversion on the part of the Market moderators?

My product only works on currency 3 and 5 marks ( this is stated in the description )

And they won't put up a new version because there's a mistake in the product.

2015.08.26 15:43:03.415    2015.03.03 04:02  Hedging_Recovery__1 XAUUSD,H1: OrderSend error 130

I clearly told them that it is only for currencies and not metals.

Who is right or what they want from me?

It's easier for me to put a ban on metals

Torshkhoev:

I may be out of the loop, but... When I look at the signal statistics at MQL5.com, there is a section called "Slippage". It says that it is measured in points. What is considered to be a pip? Is it the penultimate digit of the currency pair? Or is it the extreme value? For example, the pair USD/JPY is now at 119.793. Or the pair EUR/USD is at 1.13693. Where are the points?

Thank you!

1 last digit behind the dot

Leanid Aladzyeu:
1 last digit behind the dot
Thank you!
Reason: