Errors, bugs, questions - page 1340

A100:

No Header displayed when adding a picture in the forum

I am filling in the Header field. The image is displayed but the title is not.

The header field is essentially a value for the alt and title attributes.

That is displayed when hovering over the picture or as text when the picture is not loaded.

When processing data from your chart (where the EA is running), the processing time of the ChartTimePriceToXY function is instant. When calling the neighboring charts, the time increases many times. Is it supposed to be like this or is there an error in the algorithm? MT4 v840.

Files:
20150811.log  1416 kb

If you compile files in ME, lying in the Projects folder, the compiled files are created in the appropriate folders Experts, Indicators, Scripts. But if I compile with a separate compiler, this does not happen - compiled files are created in the folder with the source. Is it supposed to be like that or should the appropriate keys be used?

Konstantin Karpov:

When processing data from your chart (where the EA is running), the processing time of the ChartTimePriceToXY function is instant. When calling the neighboring charts, the time increases many times. Is it supposed to be like this or is there an error in the algorithm? MT4 v840.

The log file is good. What lines to look at + the source code would be nice to see what is there and how it is measured.

Joo Zepper:
If you compile files in ME, lying in the Projects folder, the compiled files are created in the respective folders Experts, Indicators, Scripts. But if I compile with a separate compiler, it doesn't happen - compiled files are created in the folder with the source. Is it supposed to be like that or should the appropriate keys be used?

What do you mean by "separate compiler"?

If we are talking about compilation from the console - have you tried to specify path to MQL(4|5) folder?

Alexey Da:

1. What do you mean by "separate compiler"?

2. If you are talking about compiling from console - have you tried specifying path to MQL(4|5) folder?

1. Can there be more than one concept of "separate compiler"?

2. No, I haven't tried it. How? The help doesn't say anything about it.

Alexey Da:
The log file is good. What lines to look at + it would be nice to have the source code to see what's there and how it's measured.

The Expert Advisor is set to EURUSD symbol, it also opens three more charts for different symbols, the output of each chart ID is in the log. The chart on which the EA is set performs all operations with practically zero time, but other charts give results as much as several thousand for 200 iterations in the loop when getting coordinates usingChartTimePriceToXY function, it is at this function that the delay occurs.

Konstantin Karpov:

The Expert Advisor is set on EURUSD symbol, it also opens three more charts for different symbols, the output of each chart ID is in the log. The chart on which the EA is set performs all operations with practically zero time, but other charts give results as much as several thousand for 200 iterations in the loop when getting coordinates withChartTimePriceToXY function, it is this function where the delay occurs.

Still, I'd like to see some code for measuring the time of reference.

Konstantin Karpov:

Yes, this is how it should be in MT4. Mechanisms of access to own and other charts are different.

Joo Zepper:

1. Can there be more than one concept of "stand-alone compiler"?

2. No, I haven't tried it. How? The help doesn't say anything about it.

1. Well that's your phrase 'separate compiler'. It can. In the MetaEditor's help section "MetaEditor / Program Development / Compilation" it describes compilation using mql(64)?.exe. Besides, metaeditor(64)?.exe also has its own console mode.

2. If you are using mql(64)?.exe there is a description of the keys in the help.

In any case no smart ex? files are placed from the command line. Only the editor can do this and only in windowed mode.

Reason: