Errors, bugs, questions - page 1347

Aleksandr Novikov:

Why is MT4 now only available to download quotes from meta-quotes servers? Why did they do this in the first place? How to test the Expert Advisors on your obscure unreliable quotes?

And the message like this - "There is no new data for EURUSDf symbol"! Of course, where will they come from, if methaquotes do not use the additional symbols in the name of the currency pair!

If a brokerage company stores quotes then their quotes are also being downloaded from the brokerage company.

Vladimir Zubov:
It is a question to brokerage companies why they do not store quotes archive, if brokerage companies store quotes, they download quotes from brokerage companies.

Are you sure? This is the reply I got from the TA:

"The embedded download of quotes is only possible from Metacvots server. This is a long-standing restriction imposed directly by the Company. No other broker can add their servers to this service. Metakvots has discontinued the development of this feature. Alpari are the only ones using this feature as beta testers (unofficial use - response from MetaQuotes). Unfortunately, MetaQuotes has abandoned this development and has no plans to resume it. This question was raised 5 years ago. That's why it is the way it is for now. No changes are foreseen.Regards, Fort Financial Services. "

How much is this true, I hope the developers of metaquotes will comment!

Aleksandr Novikov:

Are you sure? This is the reply I got from the TA:

"The embedded download of quotes is only possible from Metacvots server. This is a long-standing restriction imposed directly by the Company. No other broker can add their servers to this service. Metakvots has discontinued the development of this feature. Alpari are the only ones using this feature as beta testers (unofficial use - response from MetaQuotes). Unfortunately, MetaQuotes has abandoned this development and has no plans to resume it. This question was raised 5 years ago. That's why it is the way it is for now. No changes are foreseen.Regards, Fort Financial Services. "

How much of this is true, I hope the developers of MetaQuotes will comment!

Thanks for the detailed reply. Just noticed that the warning window doesn't appear about the inconsistency of quotes, in the DC which is the beta tester of this chip. So I made a premature conclusion that TCs just don't want to store quotes.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

Create a graphical object with a reference to zero and then simply change the reference:

What do labels have to do with it, they just work with X/Y coordinates. I'm talking about OBJ_ARROW and similar objects that require time/price coordinates

Konstantin Karpov:
What do labels have to do with it, they just work with X/Y coordinates. I'm talking about OBJ_ARROW and similar objects that require time/price coordinates
This separation by type of binding is done for a reason: objects referenced to price and date move together with the chart. Objects with "x" and "y" coordinates remain in place when the chart is moved.

Karputov Vladimir:
The distinction according to the type of binding is not made without a reason: objects bound to the price and date move together with the chart. Objects with "x" and "y" coordinates remain in place when the chart is moved.

I understand that this is done for a reason, but it is possible to make all objects to be bound in two ways, and the programmer will choose which binding method to use...

I will use the same icons that can be bound only by time/price, but in fact often information panels need to be placed in a chart and because of the lack of binding of such objects to X/Y, we have to use graphic resources, thus making the EA program much heavier

Konstantin Karpov:

I understand that this is done for a reason, but it is possible to make all objects to be bound in two ways, and the programmer will choose which binding method to use...

The programmer can choose which anchor way to use, otherwise, it turns out that the same icons can be bound only by time/price, but in fact often information panels need to be placed in a chart and because of the lack of binding of such objects to X/Y, we have to use graphic resources, which makes the EA program much heavier

CDialog and panels based on it - all sizes are in pixels. At the same time, the freedom to move around the chart.

Karputov Vladimir:
CDialog and panels based on it - all dimensions in pixels. At the same time, there is freedom of movement around the graph.
Don't be misled, the same arrows are not there, there are only elements from the group that are positioned in X/Y

Konstantin Karpov:
Don't be misled, the same arrows are not there, there are only items from the group that are positioned by X/Y
Sorry, what's not in the CDialog based panel?

Konstantin Karpov:
don't be misled, the same arrow is not there, there are only elements from the group that are positioned in X/Y
As far as I understand, you need to make an arrow (any other wingdings font icon) through the label, for example?
Reason: