mt4 compiler on windows 10

Hi

I have mt4 (version 4 build 1090) terminal installed and use emacs to edit mt4 files. I need to locate the mql-compiler command on my windows in order to use it in my emacs. Any one knows where it is located?

would that be the file metaeditor.exe? if so, windows 10 search could not locate it.

Thanks

samjesse:

Hi

I have mt4 (version 4 build 1090) terminal installed and use emacs to edit mt4 files. I need to locate the mql-compiler command on my windows in order to use it in my emacs. Any one knows where it is located?

would that be the file metaeditor.exe? if so, windows 10 search could not locate it.

Thanks

metaeditor.exe is located in the installation folder for your MT4 terminal.

For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Broker_MetaTrader4\metaeditor.exe
Your location will be different depending on your installation.

samjesse:

Hi

Thanks

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/metaeditor/help/development/compile

Compiling - Creating Programs - MetaTrader 5
Compiling - Creating Programs - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Any file (*.MQ4, *.MQ5 or *.MQH) can be compiled, but an executable file (*.EX4 or *.EX5) can be generated only as a result of the compilation of the main MQ4 or MQ5 file of a program. Compiled executable EX4/EX5 files can be distributed without source MQ4, MQ5 or MQH files. Debugging is impossible without them. It is recommended not to...
Reason: