Floating windows in the next release of MetaTrader 5 - page 6

To increase the attractiveness of MT5, instead of real quotes that come from the broker's server, we should add the possibility to feed MT5 input with real ticks from historical data, as it is done in the tester in real ticks mode.

But here the number of symbols will be many, as many symbols will be in Market Watch and the number of open charts will also be more than one.

Of course, the speed will not be the same as in the tester in visual mode, but it will be much faster than in real trading, because data will be read from the corresponding files, and not come through the network.

What it will do.

First, many developers will be able to test their EAs on several symbols at the same time, on different parameters, as well as to check the simultaneous operation of several Expert Advisors.

Those who have multicurrency Expert Advisors will be able to see the EA's operation in visual mode on different symbols at the same time, which is impossible in the tester.

And most importantly, many users, especially beginners, will get a good simulator.

On MT5 it will be possible to trade manually not only on trading days, but also on weekends. To work in a manual mode, on historical real ticks, to be able to repeat your trade many times on the same data section, correcting your mistakes.

And finally, many users will have the opportunity to trade hands simultaneously with a robot, testing the joint trading as in a real trade.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And those who have multicurrency EAs will be able to see the EA's simultaneous operation in visual mode on different symbols, which is not possible in the tester.

And most importantly, many users, especially beginners, will get a good simulator.

It is working properly in the tester at the moment. Visual mode shows the operation of multisymbol EAs well.

The topic of testing not in the tester has no chance to be discussed.

Renat Fatkhullin:

This works fine in the tester even now. And the visualisation mode shows the operation of multisymbol EAs well.

The topic of testing not in the tester has no chances to be discussed.

And in the tester, when testing multicurrency Expert Advisors for additional charts, can we somehow enter the colour scheme setting? ()

The question is still relevant: inthe strategy tester a horrible black theme is applied to additional charts:

Where does the tester pick up this horrible black chart pattern from? How do I make the tester for the additional charts pick up the black and white template?

Мульти-эксперт - как отобразить сразу несколько графиков в тестере стратегий?
  • www.mql5.com

Renat Fatkhullin:

It works fine in the tester now. Visualization mode shows the work of multisymbol EAs well.

The topic about testing not in the tester has no chance to be discussed.

Renat, the topic "Applying one template to all characters to be tested" was brought up once before. The answer was that this will be implemented in the future.

Question: Will this functionality, because it is not convenient to view the other charts, they are the default?

Vladimir Karputov:

In the tester, when testing multicurrency EAs for additional charts, is it possible to enter a colour scheme setting somehow? ()

Busy with higher priority tasks of language upgrade and testing speed for now.

Maybe we'll get there later.

Renat, will you see in the strategy tester (MT5) when testing multicurrency EAs a possibility to open charts with trading history for all symbols which are used by the EA?
Now, in order to get such a variant in the tester, we have to run the Expert Advisor with the same settings for each symbol selecting it in the menu of the tester used in the Expert Advisor.
I.e., if the Expert Advisor uses 15 symbols in trading, we will have to run it 15 times in the Strategy Tester with the same settings for different symbols.
I understand that this process is likely to be slower, but maybe we will give freedom to choose how to display the result and when testing the EA, we will be able to choose whether to run it 15 times or once, but it will work a little slower.

Aidas Geguzis:
Renat, will you see in the strategy tester (MT5) when testing multicurrency EAs a possibility to open charts with trading history for all symbols which are used by the EA?
Now, in order to get such a variant in the tester, we have to run the Expert Advisor with the same settings for each symbol selecting it in the menu of the tester used in the Expert Advisor.
I.e., if the Expert Advisor uses 15 symbols in trading, we will have to run it 15 times in the Strategy Tester with the same settings for different symbols.
I understand that this process is likely to be slower, but perhaps we should give freedom to choose how the result will be displayed and when testing the EA, we will be able to choose whether to run it 15 times or once, but it will work a little slower.

Hmm, I have all the charts of the instruments that are queried from the EA open.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Did you understand what you wanted to say?

Yes, I understand. And I think the developers understood it too, because they are keeping an eye on the competition.

In the video, there is a working area of Quick, where various charts and tables can be placed, and there may be a lot of such areas. So I propose to make it possible to create such areas with the ability to transfer them to a separate monitor - it will be much better and more convenient than transferring just one chart. For example it is possible to set up where the translation of the workspace will be copied to a specific monitor, regardless of where it will be copied to the main monitor. Of course, this is difficult to do without redesigning the MT5 interface, but it would be very convenient.

By the way, how is window switching implemented in Quicksilver, is the same analogue done?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

You have chosen the most motivating way for developers to voice their desires - competitor videos.

Reason: