Errors, bugs, questions - page 2013

fxsaber:

I took that feature into account straight away. I have now double-checked myself.

Release version:

Yes, indeed, there is a difference in bringing 32-bit and 64-bit code to the same behaviour.

fxsaber:
It would be really convenient to have at least such a list.

Maybe it's better not from MarketWatch but from the list of open charts. After all, there is such a list; it is opened in the tester.

Although, if an Expert Advisor opens a chart, it needs MarketWatch list.

In any case, I support it.

fxsaber:
In fact, it would be convenient to have at least this

On working with symbols, a suggestion:

As long as the algorithm for working with type string is expensive - implement at least the ability to work with the numeric index of the broker symbol.

int OrderSymbolIndex()//from server directly

int SymbolIndex((string)symbol_name)//since it is synchronized with broker's index in the terminal, it is executed locally

benefits are obvious at storage level (can be in simple structures, arrays), processing (processor and memory) and transferring

Kirill Belousov:

On working with symbols, a suggestion:

As long as the algorithm for working with type string is expensive - implement at least the ability to work with the numeric index of the broker symbol.

int OrderSymbolIndex()//from server directly

int SymbolIndex((string)symbol_name)//since it is synchronized with broker's index in the terminal, it is executed locally

The benefits are obvious at the storage level (in simple structures, arrays), processing (processor and memory) and transmission level

There is much to suggest, but it is probably worthwhile to imagine yourself a little in the place of the developers. Working with strings is likely to speed up.

How can I attach frame functionality to someone else's Market Advisor to be able to get the same backtest trading history?

Right now I have to use WinAPI to do this. It's a pain in the ass.

prostotrader:

Why is it like this?

Code

Probably meantDoubleToString(xxx, 2). When the second parameter is omitted, it defaults to 8.

Stanislav Korotky:

Probably meant DoubleToString(xxx, 2). When the second parameter is omitted, it defaults to 8.

I got it, so I removed the message

MT4 build 1090

When compiling .mqh, compiler misinterprets scope of variables, limited by curly braces

For,while,if etc.

if a variable is declared locally, it will complain about redeclaration

void test1()
  {
   int total=1;
   for(int i=0;i<total;i++)
     {
      int a=0;
     }
   for(int i=0;i<total;i++)//в mqh 'i' - variable already defined
     {
      int a=0;//в mqh 'a' - variable already defined
     }
   Print(a);//в mqh компилятор здесь молчит
  }

if you re-declare the same code, then it is correct.

is this a known bug or should i create an application in sd?

Kirill Belousov:

MT4 build 1090

When compiling .mqh, compiler misinterprets scope of variables, limited by curly braces

For,while,if etc.

if a variable is declared locally, it will complain about redeclaration

if you re-declare the same code, then it is correct.

is this a known bug, or should I create a ticket to the CA?

It's too early for servicedesk - you might be making a programming mistake. But first the code, an example of how to use it and a detailed description of the bug.

Kirill Belousov:

MT4 build 1090

when compiling the .mqh, the compiler does not correctly interpret variable scopes bounded by curly braces

#property strict
Reason: