Errors, bugs, questions - page 1971

fxsaber:

I.e. it turns out that the input parameter count = -1 adds zero to the end, while count = StringLen adds nothing. Nuncie!

Well, in mql strings are null-strings, i.e. a set of characters with terminating '\0' at the end. StringLen does not take this 0 into account, while conversion into an array takes the full length into account.

Ask the developers for the reasons for the difference. But I can't say that it is too much of a pain in the ass.

Комбинатор:

Well, in mql, strings are zero strings, i.e. a set of characters with '\0' at the end. StringLen does not take this 0 into account, while conversion to an array takes the full length into account.

Ask the developers for the reasons for the difference. But it is not too much of a pain in the ass.

Zero is added to the end of the string after the Array->String conversion only if the array did not contain any zeros.

Hello 2017.08.22_03:15 GMT+3. Question to A100: I don't know what is "TrendTenkan method by itself (no one calls it)"? If I need the "LongCondition" and "ShortCondition" functions to use the results of calculations from the TrendTenkan method, and I am still not able to do it. Does this mean that LongCondition has to call TrendTenkan ? I'm new to OOP, so sorry to bother you again. I attach the last thing I did with the SignalIcimoku.mqh file , the tester log and the main file. 03:28 GMT+3.

Files:

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Dear developers! Please remind, were there any edits about the fact that if the indicator calculation is in a subwindow and the style of several of its buffers is DRAW_NONE, then they do not affect the scale of display in the subwindow? Or there were no such edits?

If we haven't made such changes, please, make them. So, now it turns out, that DRAW_NONE style affects subwindow graphics, which should be at a different scale!

Stanislav Korotky:
Artyom Trishkin:
Fixed. It will be available in the next build of MetaQuotes-Demo.

How to deal with glitches when after adding an external variable it does not appear in EA settings (parameters tab)?

In MT4 it was enough to recompile a couple of times and it appeared randomly or reload the terminal, but in MT5 it is unstable.

I'm going to search for ini...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

How to deal with glitches when after adding an external variable it does not appear in EA settings (parameters tab)?

In MT4 it was enough to recompile a couple of times and it appeared randomly or reload the terminal, but in MT5 it is unstable.

I will have to search for ini...

Adding a variable to the end of the list helped - the one that wasn't visible in the centre appeared.

When using CopyTicksRange I see that some ticks have zero volume - how can this be? According to the documentation any tick type has all fields filled with either updated information or from previous ticks, and the lack of volume is a lack of trades.

Could you please suggest an algorithm to calculate volumes for a specific bar (maybe it's already described somewhere?). For example, we request with CopyTicksRange all ticks for a particular bar and we need to get as a result of calculations the same volume (both real and ticks) that is displayed in Data window. I have discrepancies in both volumes for exchange instruments by orders of magnitude (to be specific, take AFLT on MQ-Demo). For forex, the tick volumes are the same, the real volumes are out of the question.

Stanislav Korotky:
When using CopyTicksRange I see that some ticks have zero volume - how can this be? According to documentation any tick type has all fields filled either with updated information or from previous ticks, and lack of volume is lack of trades.

Only "ribbon" ticks have non-zero volume.

Stanislav Korotky:
Could you please suggest an algorithm to calculate the volume for a particular bar (maybe it's already described somewhere?). For example, we request with CopyTicksRange all ticks for a particular bar and we need to get as a result of calculations the same volume (both real and ticks) that is displayed in Data window. I have discrepancies in both volumes for exchange instruments by orders of magnitude (to be specific, take AFLT on MQ-Demo). For forex, the tick volumes are the same, the real volumes are out of the question.

Should match. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/96537/page4#comment_2866477

Загадочный биржевой индикатор
Загадочный биржевой индикатор
  • www.mql5.com
Ниже приведен сильно упрощенный (ООП полностью отсутствует) индикатор, который показывает проторгованный оборот на основании тиковой биржевой истор...
Reason: