Errors, bugs, questions - page 1975

Vladimir Pastushak:

What result are you waiting for?

Well, to abstract away from the specific result and find the reason for non-fulfillment of the condition, I propose even simpler code, it does not work either:

void OnTick()
  {
   if ( Bid > High[iHighest(Symbol(),0,MODE_HIGH,20,1)] )
      {Comment("Oshibki Net");}
  }

Comment "Oshibki Net" does not appear. You can copy it and check it in your terminal.
Who knows, please tell us please, where is the error in this code? Why the if condition doesn't work.

giros:

OK, to abstract away from the specific result and find the reason for the condition not being fulfilled, I suggest an even simpler code, it also fails:

The comment "Oshibki Net" does not appear. You can copy it and check it in your terminal.
Who knows, please tell me where is the error in the code? Why does not execute the condition if.

Where do you check in the demo or in the tester ?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Where do you check on the demo or in the tester?

In the tester by"Opening prices". The quotes for the instrument are downloaded through "Quote Archive".

giros:
In the tester by"Opening prices". Quotes for the instrument through "Quote Archive" are loaded.

And I check on all ticks and it works for me ...

Vladimir Pastushak:

I check all ticks and it works for me ...

I also check "All ticks" and it works, but it doesn't work for "Opening prices":

if ( Bid > High[iHighest(Symbol(),0,MODE_HIGH,20,1)] )

To optimise the EA it needs to work on "Opening prices". Otherwise, you will have to wait a month for results on "all ticks".

giros:

For "All ticks" it works for me too, but for "Opening prices" this condition doesn't work:

To optimise the EA it needs to be executed on "opening prices". Otherwise on "all ticks" you will have to wait a month for the result.

I recommend using on all ticks, on opening prices the tester clearly says rough method. Or there will always be problems like this

giros:

For "All ticks" it works for me too, but for "Opening prices" this condition doesn't work:

To optimise EA you need it to run on "open prices". Otherwise, on "all ticks" you will have to wait a month for the result.

Opening prices need to be used with a good understanding of exactly what you are using. This is clearly not the case with you.

ps: Bid at the opening of a bar equals the open price of that bar (c) Hindsight

Andrey Khatimlianskii, Vladimir Pastushak, thank you for your answers.

When a limit order is partially closed, its volume does not change on the chart, i.e. a limit order is opened for 10 lots, it is finished for 5 lots, but 10 lots remain on the chart. In this case, the size of orders in the position changes when they are partially closed.

Why tester could start downloading all ticks from 2012

2017.08.26 11:48:00.404 Tester Si Splice: history data begins from 2012.09.24 00:00

2017.08.26 11:48:00.432 Tester Si Splice: preliminary downloading of history ticks started, it may take quite a long time

while I am testing the period from 21.08.2017 to 26.08.2017 ?
Reason: