Errors, bugs, questions - page 638

Urain:

... But in order not to have an imbalance between cores, put 2 lines of 2Gb each (it's cheap nowadays). But it's true, the operating system will still see only 3Gb, but each core will get 1.5.

RAM is shared, so whichever core gets in first, that's it.

In any case, the more RAM the better. But it is better to keep in mind that the RAM is faster in Dual Mode.

You can read it in plain language here.

Don't forget to look at the specs of the motherboard, which may have limitations on the maximum capacity both for all cards and for each card individually.

Urain:

For the 4th stump less than 512 will not put (I had a year on 512, it is bearable), the maximum for 32 bits is 3Gb, but that there is no skew between cores shove 2 lines of 2Gb (thanks it is cheap now). But the operating system will still only see 3Gb, but each core will get 1.5Gb.

There are no such restrictions for 64 bits, so you can shove it as much as you like.

I've had 512 for a year, it's bearable.

I don't believe it, it's unreal.

Even on 3GB, imho, MT5 has nothing to do (better not to try).

I have no need to cram it, MT5 will gobble it all up and say I want more (imho).

That is why I started searching for resource requirements. Apparently, while MT5 system is still under development, the developers do not bother with such questions while working on their servers.

her.human:

I don't believe it, unrealistic.

Even on 3GB, imho, MT5 has nothing to do (better not to bother).

Shoving is understandable, MT5 will eat everything and say I want more (imho).

That is why I started searching for resource requirements. It seems that while MT5 system is under development, the developers do not think about such questions, working on their servers.

I use dispatcher, I use up to 1.5Gb when my calculations are especially memory-hungry, but don't forget that the system uses so called swap, virtual memory located on screws, so I believe I can use 512Mb MT5 too.

her.human:

I don't believe it, unrealistic.

I can confirm, mt5 worked fine on WinXP, Celeron1.7, 512Mb

With min. requirements it is only guaranteed that the program will install and run.

The more, the better)

Swan:

I can confirm, mt5 worked fine on WinXP, Celeron1.7, 512Mb

With min. requirements it's only guaranteed that the program will install and run.

The more the better)

It may have worked, it worked for me too, times change.

I still haven't found the minimum requirements. Running it doesn't mean it will work properly.

Urain:
I'm monitoring via dispatcher, with particularly memory-hungry process up to 1.5Gb, but don't forget, that system uses so called swap, virtual memory, located on screws, so believe me, MT5 can work with 512Mb.

virtual RAM placed on the drives

a very undesirable process, the hard disks are not eternal and the slowdowns are terrible.

I can get up to 1.5Gb

it means 512 is definitely not enough, don't forget about the operating system, antivirus, firewall, browser and at least one other application.

p.s. MemoryException 219217920 bytes not available - maybe already corrected, but there is such a problem

her.human:

Worked - maybe, it worked for me too, times change.

512 Mb is quite enough to work, if not using costly Expert Advisors and indicators. However, you should not sit in 512 and complain that "they don't allow you to deploy anyway". Everyone makes his own luck.

p.s. MemoryException 219217920 bytes not available - maybe already corrected, but this problem exists

If some Expert Advisor or indicator requested 219 megabytes of memory in one chunk, it's their problem, not the terminal's.

her.human:

Worked - maybe, it worked for me too, times change.

I still haven't found the minimum requirements. Running it doesn't mean it will work properly.

A very undesirable process, the drive isn't forever and the brakes are terrible.

512 is definitely not enough, don't forget about the operating system, antivirus and firewall, your browser and at least one other application.

I have a medium sized laptop. 2 cores of 2Ghz. 3 gigs of RAM. I often have Excel, Word, Opera, Photoshop, Neuroshell open at the same time. And of course MT5 program with the EDITOR is the main engine. If everything is on, about 500 megabytes remain free. If I'm optimizing, I try to stay away from my computer. ))

In general, if I had less than 3 gig of RAM, I would be already tense. So far, enough. I'd also like to run OpenCL...

Renat:

If some Expert Advisor or indicator has requested 219 megabytes of memory in one chunk, it is its problem, not the terminal's.

I didn't run anything other than the standard ones for example, here is a screenshot of what is running.

p.s.

2012.02.09 19:49:10 MemoryException 203980800 bytes not available

Files:
EURCHFDaily.png  34 kb

her.human:

I haven't run anything other than the standard ones to give you an example, here's a screenshot of what's running.

And what number of bars on the chart is set? "Unlimited" ? And how many charts with how many indicators are open?

It is desirable to show a full screenshot - of the whole terminal, not just one selected chart.

Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Bars
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Bars
  • www.mql5.com
Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Bars - Документация по MQL5
Reason: