PostMessageA(Parent(), WM_COMMAND, 33042, 0); - page 2

Svinozavr >>:
Вы структуру Метастока видели - человека в шляпе на панели его инструментов? А Омегу? А.... впрочем, понятно - нет, иначе бы так не писали.

By the way, why didn't you mention Ninja for comparison? Don't you know her? :)

"А.... However, clearly you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be writing like this." (c)

Andrei01 >>:
Это как?

Well, you can put lines, signs, various graphic elements on the chart from the EA. It is enough to tell this EA from a third-party application (up to a ready-made piece of code) what you want to see in the chart window of the terminal

AlexSTAL >>:
Если Вы любите машину, которая тормозит то одним колесом, то четыремя, то тремя - используйте ЭТОТ способ
А если любите надёжность и стабильности - используйте как и написали вам - глобальные переменные к примеру

So show me an example of how to do it :)

Foxter >>:
Ну, Вы же можете из советника нанести на график линии, знаки, различные графические элементы. Достаточно сообщить этому советнику из стороннего приложения (вплоть до готового куска кода) что Вы хотите видеть в окне графика терминала

Is it possible to draw a line from an Expert Advisor? You need indicator buffers for that, and they are not allowed in the Expert Advisor.

Well, not strictly an expert, a script or an indicator. Is it possible?

Well, that's the thing - you can't even get the simplest line out of an expert. It's hard to think of a more messy one.

By the way, some people try to justify their claim that analytics and trading should be separate, but this is pure folly because these are interrelated concepts, and one cannot do without the other. As a result we cannot perform TS debugging in a humane way. I don't know how people do it - I am trying to put "analytics" from an indicator into a tester - well, even it is not done properly, sorry... The timing is not correct... in short, it's a mess :(

If you find a solution, share it ... :) I still don't understand how to run an EA :(

Andrei01 >>:

Кстати, а почему Вы Ниньзю не упомянули для сравнения? Неужели не знакомы? :)

"А.... впрочем, понятно - нет, иначе бы так не писали." (ц)

There's a lot I haven't mentioned. Of course, there are all-in-one systems - a kind of "soapboxes" compared to "DSLRs", where everything is for the convenience of amateurs.

Could you be more specific about funny situations and what exactly you found illogical in my words?

I will not explain the logic (necessity) of the approach, where analysis and decision-making are separated. You do not understand the difference between a speedometer and a driver - do not. But do not think Equis (Metastock), developers of one of the most advanced trading platforms available - Omega TS, tricky Vels Lab and others known among traders, are half-wits for this reason. Well, and at the same time the native Metakvots.)))

Svinozavr >>:
Только не надо по этой причине считать недоумками компанию...

Well, that's what you said about half-wits. I have simply stated a simple and obvious fact that it is made in a clumsy way (the concrete example was above).

Well, it's not the fact that it was done exactly by dumbness, as you suggest, and maybe for other reasons... Although it certainly does not change the essence.

You see, you cannot even explain the logic of separation of analysis and decision-making, under the guise of alleged unwillingness, but we know that there is and cannot be any logic here.

By the way, I've just found out that the analytics in the indicators cannot be tested on the history because the time cannot be simulated in the indicators!

What do you think about it? Do you think it's OK too?

Andrei01 >>:

Ну про недоумков - это Ваши слова. Я же просто констатировал простой и очевидный факт что сделано коряво (конкретный пример был выше).

Ну дык не факт что это именно по недоумию сделано, как Вы предполагаете, а может и по другим причинам... хотя сути конешно это мало меняет.

I'll quote you and... let's stop there, okay? At the end of the day, it's your problem. I don't think the metaquotes give a shit about your "competent" opinion, and expressed in such a form. Neither do I.

But to tell the truth, splitting your code into indicates and Expert Advisors is a very perverse idea. In a normal programming firm, they would rip your hands off for such "creativity".

The executable code must be the same, and only the settings and plugins are changed.

It's just amazing why the methaquotes don't know such elementary things... However, due to the lack of competition, it certainly works and people are running around like crazy in a closed triangle - scripts, indicates and advisors...
So with "morons" - I softened it.

You see, you cannot even explain the logic of separation of analysis and decision making, pretending to be unwilling, but we know that there is no logic here and there cannot be.

I have said enough - sapienti sat. And not sapienti too. You don't? Well - excuse me.))

===
Let's call it a day.
Reason: