Errors, bugs, questions - page 545

-Alexey-:
Dear developers. About 10 months ago I received a request via SD, which said that maybe in half a year...a year a new data type of increased accuracy long double will be introduced, and maybe not. What is the situation now, can we hope for this type to be introduced soon or at all?
Unfortunately, there are no plans yet.

Interesting:

I know of three main ways:

1. You can use a script from the 'Organise data access' section or something similar (option above).

2. You can run a standard Expert Advisor on a regular test for the last X years (I used MACD back in the day, testing every currency since 2000).

3. you can move the history manually from one working folder to another (this variant is usually used when money for the Internet is tight, or more than one copy of the terminal is installed on your computer).

Advice no. 2 did not help, or helped partially:

I have run a single test of my Expert Advisor on GPBUSD: Core 1 ... final balance 5318.15

I have applied the Expert Advisor #2 (standard ExpertMACD) on the same period in optimization mode "All symbols

Run my Expert Advisor in "All Symbols" optimization mode: Core 2 ... Pass 1 on GBPUSD returned result 6485.55 in 428 sec (matched to other machines!)

Once again I ran a single test on GPBUSD: Core 1 ... Final balance 5318.15 (!!!)

Tests were done only on local cores (4 pcs).

The Client Terminal User Guide (523) states that

Currently, MQL5 Cloud Network service is free of charge. No money is charged for using the agents included in the computing network.

Ashes:

The Client Terminal User Guide (523) states that

Currently, MQL5 Cloud Network service is free of charge. No money is charged for using the agents included in the computing network.

Removed from Help, a new version will be available for download soon.

Note that there is no "Confirm function calls from DLL" option.

What about trusting ex5 code ?

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции - Документация по MQL5

sergeev:

I noticed that there is no "Confirm function calls from DLL" option.

What about trusting ex5 code ?

The DLL call is now controlled by a single checkbox.

It's already much harder to make additional GUI requests and interrupt task execution because of precompilation into native code.

Zeleniy:

I'm the first to spoil.

Sorry for the flub, but it's human nature, you only get that once in a lifetime =)

What's the mistake?

That's right - adding a new post has opened a new page for the following comments from 5501 to 5510.

Renat:

The DLL call is now controlled by a single checkbox.

It's already much harder to make additional GUI queries and interrupt task execution because of precompilation into native code.

yes, of course I understand that if it was possible, you would have given it to users long ago.

But here is the situation (and there will be more and more of them). ex5 code is downloaded from some (albeit respected) website. This code does not work without the DLL permission checkbox.

On the one hand, you want to run it, but you can't leave it unchecked either. You never know what "friendly" functions the respected site has made in this code.

How about this option - if you cannot use GUI to warn users about functions you call, may be you make a list of those DLL functions used in code on the code properties window itself?

And I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Is it worth filing this application with the Service Desk?

sergeev:

yes, of course I understand that if it was possible, you would have given it to users long ago.

But here is the situation (and there will be more and more of them). ex5 code is downloaded from some (albeit respected) site. This code does not work without the DLL permission checkbox.

On the one hand, we would like to run it, but we cannot leave it unchecked either. You never know what "friendly" functions the reviewed site has made in this code.

How about this option - if you cannot use GUI to warn users about functions you call, may be you make a list of those DLL functions used in code on the code properties window itself?

And I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Is it worth making this request to Service Desk?

We were planning to make a Security tab in the Expert Advisor's info, where we would see the security level and list of DLL functions we were calling.

Just for the launch of the shop there will be a lot of work on EX5 files - and then we will implement it.

OK, thanks. I'll cross that off my list :)
Reason: