Errors, bugs, questions - page 211

Virty:
В общем да. Спасибо. В какой момент сохраняется этот файл? В файле, правда, не сохраняется столбец "проход". 

I haven't handled these files closely, so someone else might be able to tell you when the file was saved.

Hello, reflect the addition of the construct

#property tester_indicator "indicator.ex5"

in the documentation, in iCustom function description. You cannot come to this construct by yourself otherwise, I have spent several hours trying to understand the problem - why iCustom works in the chart, but does not work in the tester.

Renat:

If we didn't have 10 years of developing trading platforms under our belt, we could make such ticks.

But our experience clearly shows that disabling updates or setting up manual history downloads is absolutely not an option.

So you were thinking in the wrong place. The trader in the market history of quotes since 1993 is STRONGLY not needed - it turns the terminal into a clumsy monster, braking and productive machine (Core i7, forced up to 4.0 GHz). The installation of the indicator may take up to 30 seconds, the TF reinitialization - also. In MT4 there are no problems with it - the history is limited and everything is normal. In my opinion, the stupidest decision was to form the history from the minute bars. If you have made a mess (we wanted it better, but it has always been better), then at least give me an option to disable unnecessary things. I don't need that kind of history, I don't want it!
When you install several indicators, this line overwrites all the window and the main events take place near the overgrown boundary of the window. It not only increases the pollution, it completely covers the indicator line, installed first, near the boundary of the window.
The question arises - for whom you do it all CATEGORICALLY?
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Линии индикаторов
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Линии индикаторов
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Линии индикаторов - Документация по MQL5

s2101:

So you were thinking in the wrong place. Trader in the market quotes history since 1993 is HIGHLY unnecessary - it turns the terminal into a clumsy monster, braking and a productive machine (Core i7, forced up to 4.0 GHz).

And many people, on the contrary, not only need it, but we are also accused of not providing the tick history. In addition, the history is downloaded as needed.

There are no technical problems with the history on i7 - the necessary timeframes are immediately converted to cached files, and the access speed to them is not slower than in MetaTrader 4. If you work on M1 and set 10,000,000 bars, there should be no complaints.

Judging by the screenshot, i7 is running Windows XP (and a 32 bit one with little RAM)? Which is frankly a poor choice for said processor. Put a better 64 bit version of the latest operating system and more memory.

Indicator installation can take up to 30 seconds, TF reinitialization - also.

Give me an example with a specific chart set and indicators (at least in EX5), please.

Because it will turn out to be 100% the fault of an insanely uneconomical indicator. You know it yourself, but blame it on the terminal.

There is no problem with it in MT4 - the history is limited and everything is normal. In my opinion, the stupidest decision was to form the history from the minute bars. If you have made a mess (we wanted the best, but it turned out the same as always), then at least give me the opportunity to disable the unnecessary. I don't need that kind of history, I don't want it!

Put yourself 50,000 (100,000) bars and do not pay attention to it - it will not be loaded into memory.

When you install several indicators, this line overwrites all the window and the main events take place near the overgrown boundary of the window. It does not only fills the window border, it completely obscures lines of the first indicator installed near the window border.

Disabling of indicator description line will be added.

s2101:
...The trader in the market the quotes history since 1993 is Categorically not needed - it turns the terminal into a clumsy behemoth, braking and productive machine ...

Sergey is right about something, but not about everything. A trader really does not need a big history for trading, but a trader-programmer who develops a trading strategy urgently needs a big and even tick history. So the big history is needed more in the tester than in the terminal.

And software traders will soon be demanding news history.

Urain:

Sergey is right about something, but not about everything. A trader really does not need a big history for trading, but a trader-programmer who develops a trading strategy urgently needs a big and even tick history. So the big history is needed more in the tester than in the terminal itself.

SZZY And soon traders-programmers will require the news history.

I requested it about half a year ago :) And the possibility to work with news using MQL (by analogy with history of trade operations)...

Interesting:
I demanded it half a year ago :) As well as the possibility to work with news using MQL (similar to trading history)...

How would you like to work with them?

Functionality, filters?

sergeev:

And how would you like to work with them?

Functionality, filters ?

Data structure organised as a timeseries, the same as the news table. Filters by currency and news name.

Plus access to general structure sequence without filters.

let's talk about concrete examples to make it easier to understand

Структура данных организованная как таймсерия, всё тоже что в таблице новостей

All sites have a simple news structure

struct News
{
  datetime m_time; // время/дата выхода новости
  string m_country; // страна
  int m_impact; // важность
  string m_name; // название
  string m_actual, m_future, m_prev; // данные
}

So it should just be seen as a News[] dataset ?

Filters on currencies and news names. access to general structure sequence without filters.

As I understand it should be a function, which when accessed specifies the required filter, and the result returns an array of such a structure, filtered data on request.

timestart, timeend, country, impact, name - these are filters. If field is empty or zero, there is no filter.

bool SelectNews(datetime timestart, datetime timeend, string country, int impact, string name, News news[]);

Like this?

sergeev:

Let's talk about concrete examples, to make it clearer.

On all websites the structure of the news is simple

So you want to see it simply as an array of data?

That is, it should be a type of function, which when accessed by specifying a country or name or the gap and the result returns an array of such a structure, filtered data on request.

timestart, timeend, country, impact, name - these are filters.

That's pretty much all you need to do with filters.

Is this how you see it?

Yes, exactly like that, only as standard functions, so that the access speed is optimized.
Reason: