Errors, bugs, questions - page 43

Hello, I can't figure out how to close a position. For example I opened a Buy and need to close it without using SL and TP. If I understand correctly, I should open a Sell with the same volume. Then I have a question, if this symbol only allows closing a position or only buying then how do I close a position?

kirill190982:

Hello, I can't figure out how to close a position. For example I opened a Buy and need to close it without using SL and TP. If I understand correctly, I should open a Sell with the same volume. Then I have a question, if this symbol only allows closing a position or only buying then how do I close a position?

Are closing operations allowed?

Interesting:
So closure transactions are allowed, aren't they?
Yes, but not all financial instruments at the moment. For example Broco CFD on Russian stocks -only buy position is available. (in MT4) or let's say the end of trading date for futures - when you can only close positions - and then what to do?

I suspect in advance that the question is trivial and has long been answered, but my own searches have not reduced the fog until now for some reason.

Tell me, just honestly, how to use graphical constructions based on Fibo TimeZones, Andrews' Forks and all the rest, which is based on the time scale and passes through the weekends and international holidays? Is the global trading community still guided by the "right" or "wrong" charting... or both? Are there selective removal/addition of time zones in scripted, combined from simpler graphical objects, graphical constructions (or implicit, not graphical, but computationally geometrical) that pass through holidays, does MT forcefully-automatically consider the removal/addition, should it be considered in principle?

I've plotted the TimeZones from Friday 23:15 to Monday 23:15 - when should the next nearest break line be: at 23:15 Tuesday or, taking into account the two weekends, at 23:15 Thursday? For such small intervals, a difference of two whole days is, you know, not a hokey-pokey... I am not asking how it is already implemented in MT - I have my eyes! - What matters is whether it's implemented correctly or not, and what do the developers plan to do about it if they recognise the inadequacy of the current so formal approach?

Or Action/Reaction lines: http://kroufr.ru/content/view/682/124/1/6/ - when I manually build a channel at extrema extending through the output and manually move it to the right by its full width, everything looks very nice and decent and correct, a child will not have any doubts or suspicions about such logical manipulations. But if, based on the rules of central (or axial?) symmetry, we mathematically mirror the left border of the channel to the right relative to the central point, then we will simply not recognize our former object in our channel, because its width will swell to two extra days, which logically are not excessive, but on the other hand, we know that the terminal "eats" the weekend and results in a completely different picture.

As for "go and check yourself which of the two options the market moves"... The market moves in such a way that it can be interpreted as you like and adjusted to solar and lunar eclipses and other planetary parades or whatever else you like. If think like that, the sense of TA theory will be discredited, and the successful experience in its using can be reduced to some percentage of casual coincidences in practice of any trader, which no sane trader in our century will not admit, but will only persist in drawing something and searching classical regularities with faith in TA. Therefore, I would like to ask the competent MT developers and experienced traders: where to put the weekend in this platform and whether it is necessary at all?

a bug was detected in indicators in the standard set of MT5 that use the volume type as a parameter
ENUM_APPLIED_VOLUME  applied_volume      // тип объема для расчета
when selecting the type
VOLUME_REAL
it draws a straight line. the indicator works normally with the tick volume
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы - Документация по MQL5
Files:
eurusdm5.png  7 kb

kirill190982:
Yes, but not all financial instruments now. For example Broco CFD on Russian stocks - only buy position is available. (in MT4) or let's say the end of trading date for futures - when you can only close a position - and then what to do?

As far as I understand, we need to close the position? Then logically, if closing is allowed, then opening the opposite position by equal volume is the right thing to do anyway.

If in reality it's not like that, it must be a bug...

Interesting:

As far as I understand, we need to close the position? Then logically, if closing is allowed, then in any case opening an opposite position of equal volume is the right thing to do.

If this is not the case, it must be a bug...

Logically it seems right, but it's too bad that we cannot check it yet. I'll wait for either a tutorial or appropriate tools. I will close it by opening a counter position in the meantime. Thank you.

sergey1294:

wrote this script to test the function

It returns error 4002, what did I do wrong?

It's probably a matter of calling

SymbolName(i,false)

You want to get a margin value for a symbol that is not in the market overview -> hence you can't get any properties for it. Check it yourself.

sergey1294:
i found a bug in indicators in the standard set MT5 that use the volume type as a parameter when selecting the type, a straight line is drawn. the indicator works normally with the tick volume

Have you understood the concepts of tick and real volume? What is the difference?

sergey1294:
I found this bug with indicators in the standard set of MT5 that use volume type as a parameter when selecting the type a straight line is drawn.
Check how to insert pictures correctly. Check - is there any information on the real volumes on this instrument. I don't think there is. That's the whole point.
MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы недавно зарегистрировались и у вас возникли вопросы: Как вставить картинку в сообщение на форуме, как красиво оформить исходный код MQL5, где находятся ваши Личные сообщения? В этой статье мы подготовили для вас несколько практических советов, которые помогут быстрее освоиться на сайте MQL5.community и позволят в полной мере воспользоваться доступными функциональными возможностями.
Reason: