MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement - page 29

If you import a cache and then export it, it will not be the imported cache, but the last counted in the optimiser.

After importing the cache, there is no mention anywhere that a cache taken from there is in front of you. So sometimes you don't know if you are looking at your own opt-file or some regular one.

You have to double-check all the time that the correct file is shown.

fxsaber:

Wait, so this is initial_deposit - initial deposit. It has nothing to do with optimization criterion.

When you do classic optimization (not by all symbols), this field is filled with initial deposit.

There is another field for optimization criterion - custom_fitness.

custom_fitness contains the result of the OnTester

It used to be very convenient to work with optimisation results. You select an interesting pass, then do sorting by some column, and the selected pass remains selected and visible.

Now, after sorting, just the top row is highlighted, the pass before that is completely lost from visibility.

Is it possible to bring back the old behaviour?

fxsaber:

It used to be very convenient to work with optimisation results. You select an interesting pass, then do sorting by some column, and the selected pass remains selected and visible.

Now, after sorting, just the top row is highlighted, the pass before that is completely lost from visibility.

Is it possible to get the old behaviour back?

Nothing has been changed in this place. Maybe it was accidentally broken off.

Let's see

Why does the OrderCalcMargin() function return one value in the visual testing, but actually an open order with the same parameters uses a different value? Because of this, it is impossible to calculate the maximum order volume for a guaranteed opening.
Как в MetaTrader 5 быстро разработать и отладить торговую стратегию
Как в MetaTrader 5 быстро разработать и отладить торговую стратегию
  • www.mql5.com
Скальперские автоматические системы по праву считаются вершиной алгоритмического трейдинга, но при этом они же являются и самыми сложными для написания кода. В этой статье мы покажем, как с помощью встроенных средств отладки и визуального тестирования строить стратегии, основанные на анализе поступающих тиков. Для выработки правил входа и...

Ivan Titov:
Why does the OrderCalcMargin() function return one value in a visual testing, but actually an open order with the same parameters uses a different value? Because of this, we cannot calculate the volume of the order for a guaranteed opening.

OrderCalcMargin-Calculates the amount of margin required for the specified order type in the current account and in the current market environment, excluding current pending orders and open positions. Allows you to estimate the amount of margin for the planned trade. The value is returned in the currency of the account.

And in the trade request you send the volume, which you have specified yourself.

That is carefully:OrderCalcMargin-calculates the amount of margin, and in the trade request you send the volume that you have specified

Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / OrderCalcMargin
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / OrderCalcMargin
  • www.mql5.com
Вычисляет размер маржи, необходимой для указанного типа ордера на текущем счете и при текущем рыночном окружении без учета текущих отложенных ордеров и открытых позиций. Позволяет оценить размер маржи для планируемой торговой операции. Значение возвращается в валюте счета. [out]  Переменная, в которую...

I send the same volume in both trade request and function call (other parameters are also the same). But the function returns one value, and the free margin decreases by another value after the trade request is executed. There are no other pending orders or open positions.

Good afternoon. Built an owl on 5 TS and 5 pairs, input parameters only 670 (less than maximum 1024). Attempting to run optimisation it gives out 2019.11.21 09:19:11.249 Tester no optimised parameter selected, please check input(s) to be optimised and set start, step and stop values. All checkboxes checked, all intervals set, number of options per parameter from 3 to 40. When I run it by one tool (134 parameters), optimization works, when I run it by two. When I run it by three (402 parameters), I get the same message again. Each character separately is not an option, I want to optimize it all together (that's what I created the owl for). Where to dig, who knows?

zevs1980:
Good afternoon. Built an owl on 5 TS and 5 pairs, input parameters only 670 (less than maximum 1024). Attempting to run optimisation it gives out 2019.11.21 09:19:11.249 Tester no optimised parameter selected, please check input(s) to be optimised and set start, step and stop values. All checkboxes checked, all intervals set, number of options per parameter from 3 to 40. When I run it by one tool (134 parameters), optimization works, when I run it by two. When I run it by three (402 parameters), I get the same message again. Each character separately is not an option, I want to optimize it all together (that's what I created the owl for). Where to dig, who knows?
message me in pseudo
Reason: