VPS crashes and misses journal info

Hi,

For some reason I don't know why my VPS is crashing and causing my robot to restart. Also clearly there is missing data in the journal as you can see from the photos. The EA made a couple of trades - you can see them in the attachments, but  there is no info in the journals (from 17:23 until 18:22 and there are 6 trades in this period) . I have missing logs for more then hour - a time in which the EA actually traded. Has some experienced problems like this?

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers
Files:

I do not see VPS crashing from the logs ...
It may be some error in the code of the EA, or it was something related to the broker yesterday (on the Friday evening ..).

Anyway, you can check more on Monday when the market will be open.

Hi Sergey,

How can you explain the fact that actually the logs are missing? As you can see from the images there are deals that happened but they weren't log. I really doubt that the problem is in ICMarkets and it persisted for more than hour. Also it can't be in the EA, because the other deals are loged. Everything leads to conclusion that there is problem with the VPS. Can you give your assumption on the situation taking in consideration the info I gave. Thanks in advance.

• www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

It may be two possibilities:

• something was wrong with the broker/account in the end of the week (on Friday evening),
    or
  • EA traded on your home Metatrader and did not trade on VPS (means - EA was attached to your home Metatrader).

Because if there were the trades on the account without MQL5 VPS (EA did not trade on Friday evening on VPS) so it means  the EA traded on home Metatrader.

The other possibility is the following: the time on your home Metatrader history may be different from the time on MQL5 VPS logs (as I remember - some users complained about it). So, you should check all VPS logs to find those trades.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Symbol Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Hi Sergey,

About  "something was wrong with the broker/account in the end of the week (on Friday evening)" - it was 8 hours before closing the market and I do not see any problem with this or any reason for such behavior, but I will ask my broker.  

About "EA traded on your home Metatrader and did not trade on VPS (means - EA was attached to your home Metatrader)." -  this is not possible because the EA is not attached to my home Metarader. Once I sync it with the VPS I always remove it from my home Metatader.

I will definitely follow your advise and check all VPS logs for the traders to see if the problem is in difference in time. But even if I find them the question is why those trades were logged wrongly, and all the others were correct. So I definitely think there are some problems with the VPS (restarting, missing logs, sometimes even just not working) and I think that they appear when the VPS is experiencing a load from the EAs, which makes it difficult to be reproduced.

• www.mql5.com
Symbol Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

I do not have MQL5 VPS now so I can not check.
But I remember some posts where the users reported about different time on their home Metatrader history and in MQL5 VPS Metatrader history (MQL5 VPS = "Metatrader in cloud"), example - this thread.
VPS time setting
VPS time setting
  • www.mql5.com
I activated the MQL5 VPS and the time we see in the logs is 5 hours longer than the local time...

The problem is definitely in the VPS. No trace from the logs, and today happened again.... really disappointed. And the fact that there is no technical support makes is worse....

rb6m5a:
The problem is definitely in the VPS. No trace from the logs, and today happened again.... really disappointed. And the fact that there is no technical support makes is worse....

I think - it is related to the EAs on VPS.

Or you can move your VPS subscription from one VPS server to an other one (if you feel that this issue is related to VPS for example).

I made my a EA to send Alerts on every tick and guess what... after 4 hours working... the logs just stop, no alerts, nothing on the VPS... and no it is not a problem in the EA it traded  successfully after the logging stopped...
Reason: