Downloading historical data? - page 2

Serkan Ozkan:

I was getting different result of my same code and strategy with different Timeframes. As soon as I see the reality I have understood, I need ti clarify rather our backtesting and coding effort for nothing or worth! I was getting MT4 background messed up with misleading testing information. When I have doubted about, I have start testing MT4 result stability instead of my strategy. What I have seen; the reality of testing something other. 

Forexample:  iOpen-iClose-iHigh-iLow- and Open-Close-High-Low values with the same timeframe testing show different price information. It has shown Some values from feature, some from now and past. During the test and also visual test also shown different results. So I am testing with %99.9 quality tick data with High Performance workstation. I have understood all my effort was for nothing, Thats why real result and Backtesting is not match! I had to brake trading because of this fatal error! In this case I will start coding my own tester with simplest reliable information.

MetaQuotes need to explain! Is that a bug or Brokers Manipulation to make us loose! 

I believe it was not convenient to store tick data and serve it up to users due to bandwidth constraints,not a "broker conspiracy".
But , MT5 has gone "astral" in comparison to mt4 testing capabilities ,so testing there is a big up.
I will agree however that building your own strategy specific tester is the best option.

Lorentzos Roussos:

I will agree however that building your own strategy specific tester is the best option.

Really ? I am curious to see that, most people complaining about the Strategy Tester just don't understand what they are doing.

What would you code in your Strategy Tester which is not in MT5 one ?

Reason: