There certainly is a Holy Grail! - page 7

Marco vd Heijden:

Well there you have it.

I trade on a D1 chart.

D1 gave a BUY on Apr 14  and then a SELL on Sept 21. A five month interval between two signals. You had an extremely easy time. No trading to do for 5 months. Nice trading life.  :-) 

Were you then long as from Nov 9th? 

And next short as from Dec 6th?

You are still short now, aren´t you?

Since you are a friendly person, I will give you D1 signals for free as from now on, if I were alert enough to remember. :-) 

Yes, I know, you don´t need my help for that. D1 signals are as easy as pie. 

Ok, just to confirm your signals. All D1 traders agree on the signals - so I can hardly make a mistake in "advising" you - for free. :-)

I agree, you are right. You are making money and I am not yet doing that. 

Patience! I´m getting there. 

By the way, D1 was universally certified as a Holy Grail a very long time ago.

That would depend on the parameters involved.

Marco vd Heijden:

That would depend on the parameters involved.

Exactly! :-)

I have them for the D1. 

Now I am finalizing them for the M3, M4, M5, M6, M10, M12 and M15. 

I use the same customized parameters for the Stochastic and MACD on all charts. So, the D1 signals arrived as a bonus. Simply looking at the D1 chart reveals the Holy Grail signals. 

Ok, ok, the customized Stochastic Bottom BUY and Top SELL levels are different on every time frame. That is what took/takes so long to validate as really strong levels that are lined up - at the same customized relative level - on all time frames - or as many as practically possible. They become clearly apparent on my D1 Stochastic chart. 

Since I trade very short time frames, I have to get the initial signal from the Stochastic. It is the leading signal. The MACD is a very strong and reliable signal, but it is a lagging signal. A little late for very short time frames. I use it as a confirmation signal. Although, simply trading my M3 MACD seems to be all I need most of the time. Obviously not this morning, because the Euro/Dollar is in a Long Up move since 48 minutes after today´s open in Japan or New Zealand and now the Long Move rules have to be followed.

However, the last SELL signal on the D1 on Dec 6th was given by the Stochastic Trigger "in-between" the top and bottom levels. The Stochastic did not go all the way above 80. The trigger "in-between" was the SELL signal on the D1.

This only relates to the Euro/Dollar. 

Obviously, I see a D1 signal pre-signalled on the H1, H2, H3, H4 and H6. So, by the time it gets to the D1, it is a pretty valid signal. I use this same principle on Long Moves on the short time frames. 

I have not been inclined to give my charts human names in the past. 

But, with us human beings, anything is possible. 

So, I hereby name my D1 chart by the name Marco after our friendly MQL5 Forum moderator since he confessed that he trades the D1. :-)

It is such a long time frame that I don´t have to worry that I may have to put it sleep in the future like I have already put my M1 and M2 charts to eternal sleep. 

So, there will never be a Marco digital funeral over here. 

Well i started off on M1 and M15 etc. like many do.

But then you live and learn and want to catch the fewer larger moves so you end up on the higher frames as a result.

I was always in loss in the beginning so i stopped using indicators and that worked wonders.

• Position sizing
  • Market entry
  • Market exit
So i ended up with a hybrid system half man half machine.

I never name charts, but i do name my robots :)

Marco vd Heijden:

Well i started off on M1 and M15 etc. like many do.

But then you live and learn and want to catch the fewer larger moves so you end up on the higher frames as a result.

I was always in loss in the beginning so i stopped using indicators and that worked wonders.

• Position sizing
  • Market entry
  • Market exit
So i ended up with a hybrid system half man half machine.

I never name charts, but i do name my robots :)

Interesting. Thanks.

Indicators indicate mainly trend and momentum. Indicators allow customized parameters resulting in even more indicators. 

A profitable trading plan consists of a few indicators, maybe three, and include trend lines and Support and Resistance analysis. 

A profitable trading plan has a few simple rules derived from the three indicators that apply in both a trending and non-trending market. 

It is easy to make money in a trending market. But, the market is not always in a trending mode. 

Only rules that are reliable in both a trending and non-trending market are acceptable in a profitable trading plan.

It appears to me, no testing - just looking at my indicators, that the shortest time frame to set up a real Holy Grail trading plan with the fewest possible rules (very few), would be the H2. 

This applies only to the Euro/Dollar market. 

My Holy Grail theory is still valid. 

All valid BUY and SELL points over the last few weeks in the intra-day Euro/Dollar can be explained in terms of intra-day trading rules. 

So, there certainly is a Holy Grail!

I think I found it... just trying to drink from the Grail...

Reason: