There certainly is a Holy Grail! - page 3

mrluck012:

there are infinite holy grails out there, the problem is that in order to find one you need to brute force different strategies, and that consumes energy and processing power, so it's not economically doable, not for a retail investor, but i'm sure the big guys with big machines and good software can find these holy grails, because they can test trillions of possibilities in a short amount of time.

mrluck012, 

There are Holy Grails out there. There are many algorithms out there making money in the financial markets right now. I think that is what you are trying to say referring to infinite Holy Grails. 

In my opinion there is only one optimal Holy Grail for every level of manual trading

I see intra-day trading as the first level of manual trading. That is the only one I have any knowledge and experience of. I suspect that swing trading must be the second level or cycle. Then there are obviously more for longer time periods. 

I can clearly see that there are unquestionable optimal BUY and SELL points every single trading day in the Euro/Dollar market. I have a trading plan with rules that signal them with what appears to me about 95% accuracy.

I have only traded my current, perhaps final, trading plan for about two weeks. The other 9000 hours over the last 27 months I spent on lower time frames on the Demo platform. I abandoned those two lower time frames for my current one. 

It is absolutely clear to me that my current trading plan signals the optimal BUY and SELL points in the Euro/Dollar market with that +/- 95% level of accuracy. 

I am still learning the discipline to correctly follow my trading plan. It is extremely difficult to learn how to follow it like a dummy. It takes quite a bit of time. At least I know that I will eventually learn to do it correctly. We are all capable of learning. I also realize it is not complete yet. 

That is why I say there is a Holy Grail  - I suspect - for every level of manual trading. Because I experience it at the intra-day level on the Euro/Dollar market. I see it validated every single day.

Zee Zhou Ma:

A lady I know manages to bring a $1000 account to $20,000 in 2 weeks. 

She told me that we have to know market structures, and trade according to them.

There are a total of 7 structures that she found, and she knows all the ways to trade with all 7 types.

We tend to create trading system around 1 type of market structure, so maybe that is why we couldn't trade optimally. 

Seems to me that is the holy grail...

What is her definition of a market structure? Can you give me some idea about it.

Only for interest sake. I am not looking to discover her trading plan.

Do you mean a trade set up - a term I often see on the internet.

A market structure is putting in the hours to discover them.

Marco vd Heijden:

A market structure is putting in the hours to discover them.

:-)

See, you don´t even know what it is. :-)

PennySeven:

:-)

See, you don´t even know what it is. :-)

I do.

They are habit patterns of mind.

And habits are formed by practice.

First a trading plan is a holy grail, now a habit is a market structure.

Amir is right. 

Marco vd Heijden:

I do.

They are habit patterns of mind.

And habits are formed by practice.

Maybe you are right. 

However, I think your are guessing - to be honest. :-)

Enrique Dangeroux:

First a trading plan is a holy grail, now a habit is a market structure.

Amir is right. 

Amir is right, but not original. Einstein said that. 

PennySeven:

Maybe you are right. 

However, I think your are guessing - to be honest. :-)

I'm by no means guessing.

I'm speaking from experience and what i mean is that you can only learn to recognize market structures and patterns by analyzing the charts, thus putting in the hours to discover them until it becomes a habit.

Like learning to ride a bike or a car, you try until it becomes automatic.

Amir Yacoby: The human stupidity is without limit.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
          - Albert Einstein quotes from BrainyQuote.com
Reason: