Trading on PIP Range Bars !! - page 3

If you mean, are there also false signals ?

Yes, there are always false signals.

But there the fall back to the chop zone get's you out of the trade...

If only all the trades where good one's, no ?

But if you constantly respect the rule(s), you will win at the end.

This is true for all strategies, no ?

Do as i said earlier and try do demo first for let's say one week.

Try the different techniques and look for yourself wich one you feel comfortable with.

Nothing is kept on strict rules but play with it and give it a try...

I, myself use sometimes the fast in and fast out, and sometimes i just trade on the longer positions. (see last way on chart)

But as i read your question on re-entering :

I think you can try the - Enter on ECO UP (zero line) and exit on ECO DOWN (zero cross) - for longs and visa versa for shorts.

The system is there for own interpretations, but you have the indicators, some ways to play with and the rest is up to you, i think.

Don't try to figure out how much i win with this system, you will never know.

I want to avoid questions like - what is your win ratio - what is your weelky gain ect...

This i want to keep personal, and you will never get exactly the same results as i get and i will never get yours exactly.

Try it out, play (demo) with it next week and then we can see where eventually we can get this strategy better, no?

One last thing, once you have your strategy, keep on it and don't change !!

Discipline is all you need.

Gilbert.

Thanks

looks interesting, I test

desander:
If you mean, are there also false signals ?Yes, there are always false signals.

No, desander, I didn't mean that. I meant if there was a specific sequence of the indicators to align before we get the "go" signal, or if this doesn't matter whichever indicator aligns first. I suppose it's not important anyway, because everything is so quick.

Don't try to figure out how much i win with this system, you will never know.I want to avoid questions like - what is your win ratio - what is your weelky gain ect...This i want to keep personal, and you will never get exactly the same results as i get and i will never get yours exactly.

No intention to do that. As you say, it wouldn't make sense, also because even with precise rules entries and exits will be affected by spread and slippage and other factors, which will make every trader attempting this strategy quite different.

One last thing, once you have your strategy, keep on it and don't change !!Discipline is all you need.Gilbert.

I totally agree. I tested it for a few hours on Friday and I saw how much attention and commitment this little strategy requires. I will follow your advice to the letter and hope to come back here and post my experience soon.

Hi Gilbert

thanks for sharing your system with us - it looks really neat

I am in the same chat room as Alright and he spotted it first

I have loaded up the indicators and settings as you set out in the thread

There are some interesting indicators, some of which I have not used before

The use of the double ma to indicate a chop zone is very clever

I was wondering if you could share the logic for these indicators and how you arrived at their settings and indeed a 2 pip range bar with HA for GU

The reason that I was wondering about the settings was to see whether this system could be used on other pairs - ie was a function of spread, ATR on 5 min etc etc

thanks

alright:
No, desander, I didn't mean that. I meant if there was a specific sequence of the indicators to align before we get the "go" signal, or if this doesn't matter whichever indicator aligns first. I suppose it's not important anyway, because everything is so quick. No intention to do that. As you say, it wouldn't make sense, also because even with precise rules entries and exits will be affected by spread and slippage and other factors, which will make every trader attempting this strategy quite different. I totally agree. I tested it for a few hours on Friday and I saw how much attention and commitment this little strategy requires. I will follow your advice to the letter and hope to come back here and post my experience soon.

Sorry, but missed page 3 of this thread.

As you say yourself, indeed, it depends on your own you when you take a position and when you go out.

But i included an other example on what the possibilities are.

One could use the yellow doted lines on the ECO-indicator to filter out before going into a position.

Have a look...

and see the second image !

Files:

NKE:
Hi Gilbertthanks for sharing your system with us - it looks really neatI am in the same chat room as Alright and he spotted it firstI have loaded up the indicators and settings as you set out in the threadThere are some interesting indicators, some of which I have not used beforeThe use of the double ma to indicate a chop zone is very cleverI was wondering if you could share the logic for these indicators and how you arrived at their settings and indeed a 2 pip range bar with HA for GUThe reason that I was wondering about the settings was to see whether this system could be used on other pairs - ie was a function of spread, ATR on 5 min etc etcthanks

First of all i have to say that i did not invented these indicators !

They are available for free.

But i used them to adjust them to my personal settings until i felt comfortable with my setup.

The combination of these indicators was just a mather of time...

If you like to see the codes of these indicators, go there via :

Control Center/Tools/Edit NinjaScript and choose your desired indicator.

As said before, if you want to use an other pair, then go for the EURUSD.

But on larger PIP bars, you can trade on almost every pair, i think.

Sorry for my English sometimes, i am native Dutch speaking.

Gilbert.

thanks Gilbert for explaining

New example of chop-zone, adding "trailing" stop and ECO-filter function.

See attached chart :

You would have entered @ 1.6405

The blue lines are the bars on when you place your stop.

This is where the bar is no longer colored by a white chop-dot.

The white dots are the stop-levels.

Move your stop each time you have that new situation.

You would have been stopt out @ 1.6390

That brings your profit @ +/- 15 PIP's on about 20 minutes...

And then the story goes on (see next charts)

THIS is trading...

Gilbert.

Files:

Thans, Gilbert.

How would you handle the highlighted area in the pic? It was a few hours ago GMT time. By the way, the blue line is the ATR stop. Looking at it as a trailing Stop line.

Another thing is: your suggestion about entries is when the bar has cleared off the white dots, not before, even if the other indis agree, is that correct?

Files:
GU_today.gif  212 kb

alright:
Thans, Gilbert. How would you handle the highlighted area in the pic? It was a few hours ago GMT time. By the way, the blue line is the ATR stop. Looking at it as a trailing Stop line. Another thing is: your suggestion about entries is when the bar has cleared off the white dots, not before, even if the other indis agree, is that correct?

First of all I would personally focus more on the ECO-indicator for entries and exits.

That means that as soon as we have a red histogram passing the +5/-5 filter,

i would take a short and visa versa for longs.

If it is a false signal as shown in your example, you leave (exit) that position when the ECO-indicator re-enters the filter-zone.

If on the other hand you want to use the chop-dots as stop-levels,

you could use the way, shown in the first chart.

Notice how the filter-zone of the ECO-indicator has avoided you to take twice a long position...

But at the end, the short rally was nice, no ?

And an other short entry shown...

Gilbert.

Files:
Reason: