Trading on PIP Range Bars !! - page 4

I like the info you keep adding, Gilbert. So in your pic would you have entered the short on the bar marked with the arrow and then exited on the next one? Thanks.

Keep on the good work.

Files:

alright:
I like the info you keep adding, Gilbert. So in your pic would you have entered the short on the bar marked with the arrow and then exited on the next one? Thanks. Keep on the good work.

Yes i would but as shown on the chart, a short entry would have been better on the point where the ECO-indicator marks a clean GO (see arrow).

But, yes i would entered where you say and yes i would have kept the position open because the ECO-indicator continued moving under the Zero-line.

Notice the small difference between "your" entry point and the one marked on the chart...

By the way, if you like a good picture capture tool, see THIS

Gilbert.

Hello

My picture is so

What did I do wrong?

Sorry my English

Files:

benhura:
Hello My picture is so What did I do wrong? Sorry my English

Are you certain you receive data feed ?

If not, let me know.

Gilbert.

Files:
Connected.png  70 kb

Gilbert, this could be a silly question, but since in your charts you don't show anything else nor you mention it, I was wondering if you care about pivots, S/R levels, round numbers and stuff like that, or you just look at the price action and your indicators. Thanks

alright:
Gilbert, this could be a silly question, but since in your charts you don't show anything else nor you mention it, I was wondering if you care about pivots, S/R levels, round numbers and stuff like that, or you just look at the price action and your indicators. Thanks

No S/R, round numbers or anything else, only price action.

And the indicators i use of course.

That does not mean that i stopt looking for improvements and possible additional indicators or other options, but for now I am very happy with the current setup.

I was thinking of using some dynamic S/R indicator...

But the most important thing is that what you have to trade is price and only price.

Too many indicators will trouble your mind and influence your trading power.

In trading, intuition and doubt are not allowed.

I know it is difficult, but it is the only way.

Therefore many seek refuge in Trading Robots...i don't.

Gilbert.

thanks Desander for explaining.

Not connected

Now everything is fine.

desander:
Hello dear traders,Finnaly i got the "Nec Plus Ultra" on charting ...Price (PIP) Bars or Range Bars !!No more time based bars with gaps and uncontrolable price action.Only clear and smooth price charts.Please see my NY-night trade from today...Done via NinjaTrader (free) platform and use only one indicator.(attached)Get free data feed via Gain.Actually you dont need to register with gain, create a new gain-connection within NinjaTrader platform and choose "use NinjaTrader server".Insert my used indicator after installing the platform To Import
1. Download the attached file to your desktop2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript3. Select the downloaded file Hope this will bring many pips to all of you...Gilbert.(Belgium)

Hi desander,

How can I set ATR trailing stop indicator on my chart the same as the chart in your post?

This is the chart in your post.

Files:

WAI WONG:
Hi desander,How can I set ATR trailing stop indicator on my chart the same as the chart in your post?This is the chart in your post.

Change the ATR-Trailing Stop indicator as shown in the attachment, and you don't need the ATR-indicator on its own (down of your chart)

Gilbert.

Files:

Hello everyone,

Thanks Wai Wong, i came back to the idea of inserting again the

ATRTrailingStop-indicator.

This indicator, when well set, can keep you in a trade longer.

(see "No exit" half way long position and during short position, on the chart)

And it is a simple trade comfirmation indicator as well...

After some search work on the net, i came to acceptable settings.

(see attachments for trade conditions and settings)

I personnaly don't use it as a trailing stop, but pure as a EXIT indicator.

New !

Use the MACD-ZeroLag-Colors as ECO-filter band.

(see parameter-settings and remark on the chart)

PS. June2009SC.ZIP = ATR-indicator

Nice trading,

Gilbert.

Reason: