Trading on PIP Range Bars !! - page 7

Thanks Freddy,

Traders helping traders

Got it now !

Attached template "Safe Trader"

PS. Unzip first and then load it in the chart template directory as pub. ealier.

Gilbert.

Files:

Is there any manual for how to use the Ninjatrader, because I am trying to figure it out all weekend, but I cannot even get the data feed right, nor scripts or anything. Maybe I am an idiot haha

---Edit---

I finally got the demo connection to Gain right, but still problems with the script and indicators. Where do you put them, do you unzip them?

kingofsofia:
Is there any manual for how to use the Ninjatrader, because I am trying to figure it out all weekend, but I cannot even get the data feed right, nor scripts or anything. Maybe I am an idiot haha---Edit---I finally got the demo connection to Gain right, but still problems with the script and indicators. Where do you put them, do you unzip them?

Please follow the thread from the beginning...

Gilbert.

Hi Gilbert. Thanks for the new setup. I'm afraid there's a mistake in your template though. If I load it I get a blank bottom panel like tin the 1st pic. I edited the xml file and found out there was a mistake in the name of the ECO indicator, so I amended it and managed to get it displayed like in the 2nd pic. Still the dark blue areas are not shown, and I don't know if they are important. Moreover, maybe I'm thick, but in your own pictures I dont understand how the entries are triggered. The first 3 long signals (ignoring the cloudy areas, which I understand should keep us away) seem to happen when the ECO is still in a red bar area, while the 4th long happens in a blue bar area. Any further explanation would be greatly appreciated. Also would you mind posting the right template, please? Thank you

Files:

Hello to all,

Apparently something went wrong while publishing the template, so here is a new effort.

Please reply if stil something is not correct.

Gilbert.

PS. First delete the old one.

Files:

Still wrong, I'm afraid, Gilbert. I think maybe the mistake is not the template but the indicator you posted earlier on. As you see from the template editor, an indicator with that name is not present after importing your scripts. The one you posted is ECO2New2_SharkyPkg

Files:

As I was suspecting, the template was correct while an indicator was missing. I'll post it here hoping you won't mind.

Now if you could share the details about entries and exits, it would be great. Thanks

alright:
As I was suspecting, the template was correct while an indicator was missing. I'll post it here hoping you won't mind.Now if you could share the details about entries and exits, it would be great. Thanks

Thank you, this was indeed the missing link !

Now about the entries...

When you see a long/short arrow appearing, wait until the bar leaves the cloud (some times this happens at the same time). At that point, the bar should be out of the ECO- chop zone.

The ECO-chop zone is between the two white solid lines in the blue band.

The blue band is only there as background color !

You may not see fading white dots on the ECO too.

If during the long/short rally, a cloud appear, exit and re-enter if the rally is stil active, but only when the bar leaves the cloud AND the ECO conditions are stil OK.

That is in short the general rule to follow.

(see example on the attached chart)

Please remember that knowing when NOT to trade is as important (or even more important) as to know when to take a position.

This way of trading could be boring, but good trading is all about patience and discipline.

PS. If you can, plot the "Big Tape" chart on a second screen to see the big picture...

(without any other indicator, just the price)

Keep reacting on this threat until your feel comfortable with the rules.

Gilbert.

Files:
Entry_points.png  156 kb
Big_picture.png  135 kb

So could you please comment on my picture? Thanks, Gilbert.

Files:

Other strage thing just noticed: there's no arrows displayed, no matter how backward I move the chart. The picture in my previous post was on EJ, an there was only a couple of arrows displayed...

Files:
Reason: