Trading on PIP Range Bars !! - page 8

Yes my friend, this is a perfect entry point !

Just wonder why you don't get the long/short arrows ...?

Gilbert.

Files:

I leave this thread today, will see what can be improved tomorrow.

Good night...

desander:
Yes my friend, this is a perfect entry point !Just wonder why you don't get the long/short arrows ...?Gilbert.

My DoubleEMA is set up like yours, only Calculate on Bar Close is set to False instead of true (I never changed it). I wonder if other people are experiencing my same issue. From time to time I visualise a couple of arrows with no colours...

desander:
Please follow the thread from the beginning... Gilbert.

I have read the thread from beginning to the end about 3-4 times, but still cannot set up the charts. So, could you please answer these.

In which folder and in what format (what is the extension) should I put the latest template?

In which folder and in what format (what is the extension) should I put all the indicators?

Do we use the script you uploaded on the first page of the thread?

kingofsofia:
I have read the thread from beginning to the end about 3-4 times, but still cannot set up the charts. So, could you please answer these.In which folder and in what format (what is the extension) should I put the latest template?In which folder and in what format (what is the extension) should I put all the indicators?Do we use the script you uploaded on the first page of the thread?

I'll try to help here. At least I can manage this bit

For the indicators, in the Control Center go to File>Utilities>Import NinjaScript. Give the path of all the zip files posted before and confirm with OK (DO NOT unzip those files).

For the template DO unzip the file posted by desander, and paste into C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXX\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\templates\Chart

The XXXXX bit depends on you PC settings. Hope this helps

Hi Desander and all other readers.

I am a big fan of pip range bars myself, but am struggling to get to grips with this system. My key concern is the amount of chopping and changing that I have observed by speed reading this thread.

Can I ask, is anybody actualy trading this system (and hopefully making money from it)? The pictures posted are very encouraging, but I do ask myself how successful these setups are in real time and are not just being curve fitted after the event?

Another point is the fact that it is on the 2 range bar. I am definitely a fan of being 'at the rock face', but of course it can be very dangerous! Has anybody tried on different ranges?

Desander. Without wishing to sound offensive, are you a trader yourself? If so, what sort of experience do you have?

Thanks in advance.

I would like to add a visible zero line in the ECO2.. .not sure how to do that, there seem so many places.

Also, what is the function of the blue band... and how could I change it to match the +5 and -5 levels?

And I have no arrows.

Here is the Slingshot indi, which provides the zone shading. I couldn't find it on this thread.

Files:
SlingShot.zip  14 kb

alright:
I'll try to help here. At least I can manage this bit For the indicators, in the Control Center go to File>Utilities>Import NinjaScript. Give the path of all the zip files posted before and confirm with OK (DO NOT unzip those files).For the template DO unzip the file posted by desander, and paste into C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXX\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\templates\ChartThe XXXXX bit depends on you PC settings. Hope this helps

Thanks for the help, Alright! I managed to deal with the template on my own, although it still gives me an error when I try to attach, probably because I do not have the indicators. When I try to add indicators, just like you told me, it still gives an error, saying that it cannot be imported, might be corrupted, and central directory cannot be found. If you unzip the file, what is the extension that you get? I think there is something wrong with my WinRar, because when I open both templates and indicators zip's, the files in there have only the name, without any extension. So, to get the template running, I had to add .xml to it.

Hi King

You may have tried this already. The key thing is not to extract the indis from their zip files. Save them localy on your PC and import them from that location, per alrights post.

Gool luck

Jik:
I would like to add a visible zero line in the ECO2.. .not sure how to do that, there seem so many places.Also, what is the function of the blue band... and how could I change it to match the +5 and -5 levels?And I have no arrows.Here is the Slingshot indi, which provides the zone shading. I couldn't find it on this thread.

To add a zero line, see attachement.

The blue band, as i said already before, is only to highlight the +5/-5 chop zone on the ECO-indicator.

Gilbert.

Files:
Zeroline.png  97 kb
Reason: