RSX Swinger - page 11

Scorpion,

Do you know the matimatical source code off the RSX indicator ?...because I would like to imported into metastock to do some reliable backtesting over 5 years data on eur chf gbp and jpy

I just know that RSX has complicated math. It might be RSI applied with JMA series numbers. That is way complex to dechipher. You can buy RSX for metastock from Jurik Research.

scorpion:
Thanks for compliment For v1.3 and v2, there can be multiple trades in the same 1h bar. Actually, what I want is only 1 trade per bar. This is a major problem for most expert advisors around the net; trades keep on open and close in the same bar. The only real solution is to code new crossover checking in mql4. The workaround is setting buy level = 54, exit buy level = 46, sell level = 46, and exit sell level = 54.

Scopion,

The problem you refer to about multiple open and closes on the same bar can be fixed. Look at the coding MrPip did with LSMA or with the EA he helped me with. I know we both had this problem at one time.

I like the filtering so far and I'm thinking of adding RSX to my EA. I think more then one exit can be added to improve profitability. Looking at the 15 and 30 charts, it works well here. Good job.

cs

Scorpion,

Take a look at the following on a 15 or 30 min chart as an additional filter. This is a variable or floating RSX and can get more complicated than this. Both RSX and Juice are used together where if Juice < 0 for "x" periods then RSX calculated period changes from 14 to 21. This takes out even more whipsaw from what I'm seeing. The settings I'm using for Juice are:

USDCHF:

15=.0006

30=.0006

60=.0008 OR .0009

EURUSD:

15=.0007

30=.0007

60=?

GBPUSD:

15=.0007

30=.0007

60=?

EURJPY:

15=760

30=?

60=?

USDJPY:

15=1500

30=?

60=?

If I knew more of statistics, I would make more of a moving average based on the number of periods negative or percent of "x" recent bars negative to adjust RSX. There can also be escapes from this where maybe Juice spikes in an early frame chart or current chart validating entry.

I suggest this because if RSX has also been threading for a period of time and then there is a move in price, often it is opposite of the move and its a small move yet RSX gets in and then close and gets in another trade. The first gif is with RSX=14 and the second is with RSX=21.

Let me know.

cs

Files:

Hello Wjx32 and Traden4x,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the comment function. I replaced the NULL with your suggestion. I'll wait to see what happens on the next entry. After posting my comment yesterday I thought about alternatives to the time control and added Juice as a filter to see if that would help.(Trade4x, Just noticed your suggestion today-great minds think alike!) I'm no code wizard but I added the following and the editor let me compile. I'm now testing the results to see if the Juice filter is being included and helps. I've just been following the EUR on 15m chart with RSX-14 and Juice at .0001. Not as aggressive as your suggested settings Traden4x. I just thought I'd first filter out the Juice=<0 bars during the flat periods. I'll be interested to spend time analyzing your tests.

Thanks Scorpion for making this available and for your continuing revisions to the expert.

To include the Juice indicator as filter I included these in the related sections inthe expert code;

-----------------------------------------------

extern double JuiceLevel=0.0001;

double Juice = iCustom(NULL,0,"Juice",0,0);

bool IsBuy = (rsx1 Buy_Level && Juice>0.0001)

-----------------------------------------------

-MJ

Another example showing need for multiple indicators. Do we want to trade off of one?

ianp:
Is it possible to set a audio alert when a trade is opened ? as I prefare to trade manually at the moment.

You can configure it in expert settings window. See screenshot below:

Files:

scorpion:
You can configure it in expert settings window. See screenshot below:

Thanks Scorpion,

I will give it a try.

Ian

Finished coding. The change is a giant leap, so I think the new expert should be v3 instead of v2.1. I will be releasing the v3 after it's stable enough.

New features:

• Groundbreaking crossover checking method to combat whipsaws.
  • Enable/disable exit rules. When disabled, only trailing stop closes trades.
  • Trailing stop triger level added.
  • Enable/disable trade alerts.
  • Comment in trade records.

Looking forward to the v3 version...

Keep up the good work and a happy new year

Reason: