RSX Swinger - page 8

Hi Juher, welcome to fxfisherman!

Here's values you can set for trailing stop mode:

0 = Disabled, 1 = Fixed SL, 2 = ATR, 3 = Half Volatility

For example: if you set trailing stop mode = 1, then the specified SL will be used as trailing stop. SL is modified for every 5 pips move by default (trailingstop sensivity)

Thanks a lot Scorpion!..

I really do not think I want to start trailing from the first five (5) pip profit. Is there a way to set up a profit level where the trailing starts,let's say after 30 pip gain?

Take care

Juher

This is what I've never thought of before, but hey I'll include it in the next revision.

Hi Scorion,

Thanks for posting version 2,

I have had good results with version 1 untill yesterday when it went into

whipsaw mode and made 5 trades in one hour losing 44 pips if it had stayed with the first trade it would have been a winner.

Is it possible to set a audio alert when a trade is opened ? as I prefare to trade manually at the moment.

Cheers

Ianp

Hi ianp, welcome aboard!

This happens when RSX is near 50 level. The workaround is moving the buy level to 53 or so and sell level to 47 or so. To solve this for good, the crossover checking of mql4 will need to be revolutionized.

Thanks for feedback. Cool! auto/manual feature will appear in the next revision (2.1)

Hi,

What is the period that is used for the RSX indicator? I can't find where you have told the setting.

Thanks

scorpion:
Here's values you can set for trailing stop mode: 0 = Disabled, 1 = Fixed SL, 2 = ATR, 3 = Half Volatility

Hi,

I am not sure what ATR and Half Volatility mean here. Could someone give me an example of how to use these two stop modes please? I understand how to choose them but I don't know what they do.

traden4x:
Hi, What is the period that is used for the RSX indicator? I can't find where you have told the setting.Thanks

You can see and change in expert settings dialog. The dialog appears when you attach expert to a chart or when you double click the expert.

Anybody see 120 pips profit in open trade now? Awesome! It has accumulated 458 pips net profit so far! Let it runs, see how far can this go.

scorpion:
You can see and change in expert settings dialog. The dialog appears when you attach expert to a chart or when you double click the expert.

scorpion,

I understand this, I've done my own EA. I was wanting to know the time period used for RSX, is it the default of 10? Is there other periods to use for

RSX for say a 15, 30,60 min charts?

Thanks

Reason: