RSX Swinger - page 7

It went public too at https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/forums/showthread.php?p=139284, but it was me that started the thread to bring public attention. I'll be here more often, and any updates will be uploaded here only.

Anyway, something is not really right in the new version. 12 bad gbpusd trades which account for 300 pips loss. It might be a small possibility that rsx swinger is not for gbpusd.

Although GBPUSD bad trades don't look really good to you, they do look very good to me. I can do a little research on rsx's behaviour in choppy market.

A good system should work in any currency pair, is it maybe the settings that are made wrong or something? Scorpion, you told me that the EURUSD has been choppy and probably will never be trendy again... So if the RSX works in a choppy market then it should work int eh GBPUSD as well. The question is how does the RSX work, what is the root code behind it?

GBPUSD bad trades occours mostly when rsx is near 50 level. It is most likely bad settings. Will try longer rsx period.

Hi there

Version 2 is now available. Download it at the first post.

Note that this system works best with EURUSD. After a few days of extra testing, I can now conclude that RSX Swinger doesn't work well with other currency pairs especially GBPUSD. It might require different settings from pair to pair.

Ok, enjoys!

gazuz:
A good system should work in any currency pair, is it maybe the settings that are made wrong or something? Scorpion, you told me that the EURUSD has been choppy and probably will never be trendy again... So if the RSX works in a choppy market then it should work int eh GBPUSD as well. The question is how does the RSX work, what is the root code behind it?

I think it is setting that make RSX swinger behaves differently. GBPUSD for sure is more volatile compared to EURUSD.

For GBPUSD, the settings should be:

Buy_Level = 54

Exit_Buy_Level = 46

Sell_Level = 46

Exit_Sell_Level = 54

Hi Scorpion,

I notice in the RSX Swinger 2 you refer to RSX2 indicator.

double rsx0 = iCustom(NULL,0,"RSX2",RSX_Period,MA_Period,MA_Mode,bars_count,0,0);

double rsx1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"RSX2",RSX_Period,MA_Period,MA_Mode,bars_count,0,1);

where can I get it?

Thank you.

wjx32, welcome to fxfisherman.

I uploaded wrong file, sorry. Download the version 2 expert again for the correct file.

Hi Scorpion!

Thanks for the modifications to the Swinger. Hey! how does the trailing stop works in this EA?..Do we need to set up something?

Keep up the good work!!

Reason: