RSX Swinger - page 15

Oh wow scorpion, great minds do think alike... I wanted to try this but with a system-based take profit, so the system is the one closing the trade like a human not just setting the take profit.. This would make it so that we can make a TP of 2 (so 4 pips in the same direction) I found the RSX can make that happen if I have a 4pip move so 2pip TP...

Can you help with that?

Gazuz, let see what i can do for you in the next release for TP or SL less than 5 pips. But now it's possible to set TP as low as 5 pips, since interbankfx allows TP or SL >= 5 pips now.

Hey scorpion,

so I left the swinger running last night and just wanted it to work like a system that would open when crossing the line 50 but its not opening any trades.

I put the settings openbuy at 50, exit buy at 49

open sell at 50, exit sell at 51

The system is just supposed to take the tape profit or stop loss so is are the two points stuppose to be more in the range of :

openbuy at 50, exitbuy at 80

opensell at 50, exitsell at 20

Let me know if its possible to just open trades when crossing the lines

gazuz:
Hey scorpion, so I left the swinger running last night and just wanted it to work like a system that would open when crossing the line 50 but its not opening any trades. I put the settings openbuy at 50, exit buy at 49 open sell at 50, exit sell at 51 The system is just supposed to take the tape profit or stop loss so is are the two points stuppose to be more in the range of : openbuy at 50, exitbuy at 80 opensell at 50, exitsell at 20 Let me know if its possible to just open trades when crossing the lines

Hah sorry last post was a mistake on my part I put 5.0 lots on a 5k account that 4.9k (tested max lots possible)..

So yeh I turned it down to 2.5 just in case the day goes badly etc. Is there a possibility also to make a compounded script so that the lots can be compounded such as balance/2000 = lots

Just ideas for your next release by the way

This is the last post of the day I promise..

So i came home and checked on the trades.. The RSX crossed between 15:30 and 16:00 on an M30 chart. It opened the trade at 15:30 BUT the T/P being at 1.9010, it actually went to 1.9011 and didnt close the trade... Is this because the 1.9011 is the ask and we want the bid?

Anywho I really think anything smaller than 5 pips T/P is good, my goal right now is to make 2 pips a day (compounded grows to a lot, I'll be posting an excel on that one). And so yeh just checking and commenting that the T/P of 5 is too high and if the system-based take profit is introduced in the next version I will definitely be a happy camper

Gaz, long position closes at bid price whether it's SL or TP or manual close. The short position closes at ask price.

Try 5 pips TP for a few weeks--i'll be trying this setting too at my server. If you need it lower, i'll brew system-based SL/TP and maybe compounded lots in the next release.

Ah I knew it was something like that. Well I'm never good at putting a SL or TS but I know that if I have that low 1 or 2 pip take profit (so 3-4 pips with the spread) then it should give me pretty good results and should almost never lose...

Try putting RSX at 15 on an M30 EUR/USD chart, its got good looking results

What happened to the latest version4 (much anticipated)?

I think the first version was best!

The v2 v3 v4 are all behaving weird. I compared trade records on chart; most trades were all incorrectly opened and closed. I can't do anything much, since there's no debugger in mt platform. All i can is try blind corrections, but nothing seems to work.

scorpion,

I know this seems rough but when a system has been beaten up like that several times maybe starting anew is the best to do. We have to keep it simple though, making something complicated will just mean there is more precision needed therefore more chances of there being bugs, etc.

Anywho, once you are done with the job that you were assigned you may work on this, but lets set priorities

Reason: