Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively - page 31

mntiwana:

Before i got your reply,my previous post was updated with few additions,lol.

if increasing the trades numbers in against trend only for reason to keep margin remain high,even then the opposite trend trade is not acceptable for me,why you not going to count loss and expenses of that.

more than 2 positions,i think it is or close to martingale,martingale means you have no clear idea about trend,you are just playing mathematics games,as saying mathematical logic ...... guess,you have one thing in front of you,showing you some thing,for example "TREND" and on other hand you are working on assumptions,you have nothing to see,just sweet and optimistic dreams,which you prefer ?

regards

Dear mntiwana,

I prefer RESEARCH .... and sorry ... MATHEMATICS .....

So Sorry, but i cannot understand or something is wrong with the mentioned example .... " ..."TREND" and on other hand you are working on assumptions,you have nothing to see,just sweet and optimistic dreams,which you prefer ? ...." .... working on "assumptions" means that can be proved or discarded and they are not optimistic dreams when assumptions are well defined .... So it is very interesting to show what in your example is "TREND" and what "is not TREND" so we can stay on the safe side, as you say, of this approach. Please send pictures or any other material that can help us select and distinguish safely "TREND" and "No TREND" ...

Waiting for your kind reply wich will be of enormous help for all of us.

Thank you again for your contribution.

Best Regards

Dimitri

dont wanna interrupt your discussions but also couldn't resist jumping in . as far as i know closest thing to define "trend" in data analysis are "long memory" or "path dependence" which one way or another u end up with " hurst" .

KumoBreake:
dont wanna interrupt your discussions but also couldn't resist jumping in . as far as i know closest thing to define "trend" in data analysis are "long memory" or "path dependence" which one way or another u end up with " hurst" .

Dear KumoBreake,

Just want to underline that the discussion is not personal since it is an open one and made within this forum. Could you please, be more specific with "hurst", so that could be of great help ????

Thank you in advance for your reply ....

Best Regards

Dimitri

KumoBreake:

We also and always needs and required a person who volunteerly push his/her ideas and suggestions for a better improved system for what we are trying to lay out.

in first part honorable dimitri trying to force for a system that open 8 trades at a time with 4 buy and 4 sell as an hedge logic,when i am trying to drag him out of this philosophy and suggesting for a trend based system with one open trade trend wise.hope you followed and understand conclusion of our previous uncleared debate.

regards

Going on, we can at this stage forget the position managing logic, and submit ideas and logic to have as a result the "profitable setups" as described previously. I mean to have the "SHORT Entering Point Level" at a Higher value and the "LONG Entering Point Level" at a Lower value place than the SHORT one, and vice versa.

Focusing in this, will be of great interest producing profitable results .....

Any idea or example that can achieve this goal is welcome .....

Waiting for a reaction ....

Best Regards

Dimitri 

Much to read here and I don't really get the point. Why do you wanna hedging, Dimitri? The BB-strategy seems ok so far, profitable. Why 8 trades, 4 bullish and 4 bearish? Is it your lucky number? The 8 in Chinese mythology means money, so 88 and 888 is even better.

Mathematics ;) on a low level, we call it 'Milchmädchenrechnung'. Buy low, Sell high, and these positions must have a distance more than double the spread, that's all. You need much much money hedging is worth to use because you earn money very slow. Save but extremely slow. That's why hedging is outdated for a few years.

dimitri1:

Going on, we can at this stage forget the position managing logic, and submit ideas and logic to have as a result the "profitable setups" as described previously. I mean to have the "SHORT Entering Point Level" at a Higher value and the "LONG Entering Point Level" at a Lower value place than the SHORT one, and vice versa.

Focusing in this, will be of great interest producing profitable results .....

Any idea or example that can achieve this goal is welcome .....

Waiting for a reaction ....

Best Regards

Dimitri 

are u looking for some kinda grid trading ? i believe theoretically it can be profitable

mntiwana:

We also and always needs and required a person who volunteerly push his/her ideas and suggestions for a better improved system for what we are trying to lay out.

in first part honorable dimitri trying to force for a system that open 8 trades at a time with 4 buy and 4 sell as an hedge logic,when i am trying to drag him out of this philosophy and suggesting for a trend based system with one open trade trend wise.hope you followed and understand conclusion of our previous uncleared debate.

regards

trend is overrated ! but seriously though , it seems like u can't count on price movements in markets which act "close" to efficient market hypothesis like fx spot but forecasting volatility is somehow much more accurate in this situations . one might think all right i follow price every time i get indication of trend & when a real trend comes i win so much that covers earlier losses but it's just a hope! in trading world your actual risk is almost always much much greater than what u think .

Hello again. I did a mistake. The Indikator is also a variation of BB , its the "bollinger band ma" which is slightly different and smoother. Anyway the principle is like waiting for the candles piercing through an ichimoku cloud e.g. and you can easily set the stop on the other side. 

Of course you should add one Indikator which can filter out some signals. Like QQE adv indicator for example  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178927/page5  using the 50 middle line cross for confirmation. It is not the bottom, or top you seek but the movement and direction. Of course you can use different Indicators like CCI or something whichever fits best for you.

Another way to avoid more false signals is getting on a higher time frame above 1 minute because there are bigger/longer movements with more inertia and less fuzzy price jumping. (also not trading on news)

Everything is possible and this was just an idea. Feel free to use a second BB ma with/and other band deviations to set your own rules/system. There are a lot of indicators in the elite/advanced section which can be helpful too. - The colored candles from my picture is from the LabTrend ver 4.02 which aids visually (setting risk factor 13). I dont even know what this indicator is doing/calculating, so i can not recommend using it. :D 

good trades;

~myrx 

dimitri1:

Dear KumoBreake,

Just want to underline that the discussion is not personal since it is an open one and made within this forum. Could you please, be more specific with "hurst", so that could be of great help ????

Thank you in advance for your reply ....

Best Regards

Dimitri

there's too much history between hurst & finance . so basically first proof (i think)that price movement in financial market is not pure random (as brownian motion - aka random walk - aka efficient market hypothesis) was done by measuring hurst (rescaled range analysis) . if hurst is under 1.5 then movement has memory (aka trend) & one can profit by following it & u can find papers about this concept & how it can improve performance of forecasting! i don't know any other tool for measuring long memory .

but to answer to your actual question , if u follow this path u will realize it's close to impossible trading price movements (just from multifractal structure point of view) but if u're wanna trade volatility (some kinda grid system) this can help !

u can read these :

The (Mis)Behaviour of Markets: A Fractal View of Risk, Ruin and Reward by benoit mandelbrot ---- easy to read

fractal market analysis : applying chaos to investment by edgar peters ---- pretty technical

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_dependence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficient-market_hypothesis

or just move on

Reason: