New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 32

marley60
130
marley60  

mladen, you posted a chart-example of a rangebarchart, but I couldn´t find an nmc-version of an ea or indicator for creating a rangebarchart on this thread. or is the attached one (it is ea-version) still working correct?s-constant_range_barsmr.nims.mq4

Mladen Rakic
160093
Mladen Rakic  
marley60:
mladen, you posted a chart-example of a rangebarchart, but I couldn´t find an nmc-version of an ea or indicator for creating a rangebarchart on this thread. or is the attached one (it is ea-version) still working correct?s-constant_range_barsmr.nims.mq4

marley

I used the EA from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178540/page29 for range bars. It will be made as an indicator too, but in due time (some other stuff has to be done first). Till then you can use that EA (it works correctly)

engula
204
engula  
mladen:
Believe me, you are not the only one.

Metatrader is currently at such a state that it can not be trusted for live trading (too much errors - bugs in anything attempted to do - and compiler is a total mess at a moment) so, at a moment, anybody using it for trading should use it with extreme care and try to minimize risks as much as you can (trade minimal lots)

It will take some time (and it turns out longer time than metatrader people were hoping for) until it becomes reliable enough that people can use it with confidence in trading

hi mladen,

if we copy an ex4 generated with 509 to an mt4 600 installation, would it work or not?

dll's, profiles and templates from 509 work in 600?

thanks!

Mladen Rakic
160093
Mladen Rakic  
engula:
hi mladen,

if we copy an ex4 generated with 509 to an mt4 600 installation, would it work or not?

dll's, profiles and templates from 509 work in 600?

thanks!

engula

In general they should but some dlls will not work and you might find some other problems with some of the ex4 files. If I have to guess, in 90% of cases you will have no problems but in the rest of 10% you will

The main problem is that you will never know exactly and what can cause a problem. Already a lot of problems with eas reported and that is very risky part

engula
204
engula  
mladen:
engula

In general they should but some dlls will not work and you might find some other problems with some of the ex4 files. If I have to guess, in 90% of cases you will have no problems but in the rest of 10% you will

The main problem is that you will never know exactly and what can cause a problem. Already a lot of problems with eas reported and that is very risky part

thanks mladen. i received an email that my local activtrades platform is going to be updated. i'll check how my most used ex4 work on a parallel 600 build.

in case, i'll ask again for your kind support, if possible...

Mladen Rakic
160093
Mladen Rakic  
engula:
thanks mladen. i received an email that my local activtrades platform is going to be updated. i'll check how my most used ex4 work on a parallel 600 build. in case, i'll ask again for your kind support, if possible...

engula

We are resolving issues here as they come and as we find the cause for issues. Unfortunately there will be no help from metaquotes doing that (one moronic moderator at mq site asked me why am I trying to use a function when it does not work) so we shall do here whatever we can ... but keeping the doors to other platforms open

State of metatrader 4 at a moment is a pure disaster (coding wise) and it is going to take a lot of guessing what is exactly happening with some code, but I will try to help as much as I can

Lupus30
14
Lupus30  

Hi Guys

Could You please modify this one to be b600 compatible ?

Files:
Mladen Rakic
160093
Mladen Rakic  
Lupus28:
Hi Guys Could You please modify this one to be b600 compatible ?

Lupus28

See this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page361 (it is about ZUP 135). Unfortunatelly, at current state of metatrader 4 it is absolutelly imposssible to find our why is it refusing to tin that indicator when all the compatibility issues are resolved

panchovillas
85
panchovillas  

Hi MLaden ,

I still use build 509,it took me a very long time and many sleepless nights to put together a stable and profitable strategy, but because I was reading this thread before the new build release I got a bit scared and deleted the update.exe from mt4 just to be sure things will keep the way they are,

So my question to you my friend is, can I keep my old 509 build working forever or it will eventually stop to work one day? (I don't know, different data or something like that, sorry my ignorance) and what I'm really missing with this update?

Because if you say yes, 509 it will be fine, I will not upgrade for the next 40 years... already backup it and will keep it in the safe!

Thank you,

Lima

Mladen Rakic
160093
Mladen Rakic  
panchito:
Hi MLaden ,

I still use build 509,it took me a very long time and many sleepless nights to put together a stable and profitable strategy, but because I was reading this thread before the new build release I got a bit scared and deleted the update.exe from mt4 just to be sure things will keep the way they are,

So my question to you my friend is, can I keep my old 509 build working forever or it will eventually stop to work one day? (I don't know, different data or something like that, sorry my ignorance) and what I'm really missing with this update?

Because if you say yes, 509 it will be fine, I will not upgrade for the next 40 years... already backup it and will keep it in the safe!

Thank you,

Lima

Lima

Sorry to disappoint you, but they already announced from metaquotes the support for metatrader build 509 will be discontinued somewhere this summer. We can hope that the great number of bugs that are currently present will delay that date, but, sooner or later, they will force you to migrate to this new metatrader 4