Tips for 1 account with 2 EA's

i have 2 EA's and want to use them on the same account, they trade for different pairs so no issue for magic number.

i‌ have some concern about the best way to manage this task:

1) using 2 terminals each one with 1 EA ?

2‌) using 1 terminal with 2 EA's ?

P‌lease can you share your experience, troubles and reasons.

‌Cheers.

You can use 1 terminal with each EA loaded on the chart of the pair you want to trade, with no problems.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You can use 1 terminal with each EA loaded on the chart of the pair you want to trade, with no problems.

I agree. Always keep it simple unless there is a pressing reason to do otherwise.

Eleni Anna Branou:

How do you know that ?

If the EAs are well coded ok no problem, but if they are not you can have problems. And I can assure you there are a lot of not well coded EA here around which will lead to problems.‌

Alain Verleyen:

How do you know that ?

If the EAs are well coded ok no problem, but if they are not you can have problems. And I can assure you there are a lot of not well coded EA here around which will lead to problems.‌

A valid point Alain, however I find the most common problem is a lack of magic number filtering and/or problems with how the EA deals with multiple concurrent orders.

In those circumstances, even if you run a second terminal it isn't going to help as the order pool will be common between both terminals (as the OP wants to use the same account).

honest_knave:

A valid point Alain, however I find the most common problem is a lack of magic number filtering and/or problems with how the EA deals with multiple concurrent orders.

Of course.

‌In those circumstances, even if you run a second terminal it isn't going to help as the order pool will be common between both terminals (as the OP wants to use the same account).

Sure, no real solution for bad coded EAs, except fix them.

Alain Verleyen:

How do you know that ?

You are right Alain, I was saying about well written EAs (from my experience).

Forextd Bet:

i have 2 EA's and want to use them on the same account, they trade for different pairs so no issue for magic number.

i‌ have some concern about the best way to manage this task:

1) using 2 terminals each one with 1 EA ?

2‌) using 1 terminal with 2 EA's ?

P‌lease can you share your experience, troubles and reasons.

‌Cheers.

2 terminals will not be a solution, if EA have bug it can disturb any other trade opened by EA or manual 

If the account has the FIFO rules and has two EAs in the same account and in the same symbol, it will have problems closing the operations since the orders have to be closed in the same order that they were opened.

If the first EA opened orders in one pair and then the second EA opened orders in the same pair when the second EA attempts to close the orders will not be allowed to close the orders.
Reason: