Super Easy Renko System

Hi forex colleagues,

First of all, do excuse me for my somewhat poor english as it isn't my native language.

I'm new here on this great forum (this is one of the few that i'm registered), because i never had the need to do so.

I considered between some great forums where to post this, but clearly Forex-TSD had my attention.

For a while i'm trading based on the simplest and easiest systems around. The only thing i did is try to discover the power of an indicator, algorythm, pattern or system. Since a year i have great succes with the renkocharts (10p barsize including wicks) and ema crossings (I will attach some screenshots below of the most recent charts).

I loved the thrill to trade live, but due to some private issues i'm not able to do so anymore.

Therefor i was wondering if someone could program a good ea with the 2 simpel rules;

- open a position on the opening of a new bar after the confirmed arrow.I open always 3 positions at the same time;

open all 3 with SL -20p and 1 of them get a TP +10p.

When TP reached, 1 will close automatically.

Both open trades getting BE set and only one geting the next TP with +10p.

The last open trade will be open as a runner until the next opposite arrow appears.

In 11 months it occured 3 times that, at the very beginning of a trade, hit my SL -20p.

- don't trade 30 minutes before and after a high impact news eventThe most interessting thing is, you can trade all day/night and on less volatile moments.

If someone see the potential, please help me out to generate a solid EA.

Files:
audjpym2.png  13 kb
audusdm2.png  13 kb
eurusdm2.png  13 kb
usdjpym2.png  14 kb

daytrade

What version of renko are you using?

nbtrading:
daytrade What version of renko are you using?

Hi nbtrading,

I use the RenkoLiveChart_v3.303 indicator.

Since the mt4 update i had to search for a proper one.

Till now it is working good.

daytrade:
Hi nbtrading,

I use the RenkoLiveChart_v3.303 indicator.

Since the mt4 update i had to search for a proper one.

Till now it is working good.

Thank you

The RenkoLiveChart v3.4 is the final one. I tried also to create the EA for Renko but it is almost impossible because the bricks can grow or change quickly in seconds. The speed of changes is a big obstacle in making Renko EAs. If the speed could be solved I would have a holy grail EA.

Cheers Hermes

hermes:
The RenkoLiveChart v3.4 is the final one. I tried also to create the EA for Renko but it is almost impossible because the bricks can grow or change quickly in seconds. The speed of changes is a big obstacle in making Renko EAs. If the speed could be solved I would have a holy grail EA. Cheers Hermes

Hermes

That one is using (writing) old history (offline charts) file format. Better to use new format (we already have a "promise" that build 509 support will be discontinued from this summer)

Thanks all for your comments.

@hermes, Is it something to combine with the RenkoAM indicator? Making a rule regarding the minimum values(time) to be set?

Thanks!

daytrade:
Thanks all for your comments.

@hermes, Is it something to combine with the RenkoAM indicator? Making a rule regarding the minimum values(time) to be set?

Thanks!

When somebody could implement the Renko AM into Renko EA it could work.

Hermes

mladen:
Hermes That one is using (writing) old history (offline charts) file format. Better to use new format (we already have a "promise" that build 509 support will be discontinued from this summer)

For accuracy Mladen, which format do you recommend for new MT builds?

Cheers Hermes

hermes:
For accuracy Mladen, which format do you recommend for new MT builds? Cheers Hermes

Hermes

They are per moment working the same (same data feed must produce same results - otherwise one of the two would have a serrious coding error) so per moment it is the same (as far as the execution is concerned).

The trouble lies in one sentence that is told by metaquotes people : "support for build 509 will be canceled sometimes this summer". If I am correct (and by now I have seen so much similar stuff done by metaquotes that it makes it almost certain) then it will mean that the support for the old ex4 files also will be canceled. So, in my opinion, it is better to make a transition to a new format - just to be on a safe side when (not if) that old build cancellation happens

And of course, there is always an issue of changes in the code (if they are needed). In that case soon bullds 509 will not be available any more for compilation and that would mean a complete stop of changes. Sure that I have already seen some renko versions that are using old hst file format in a new metatrader build code, but that what I saw is a very ... hastily done job that is done without understanding what is actually done.

All in all : we should use the unexpected gift that we have some time to adjust all in the code. Coming from metaquotes (that has forced this nonsense "upgrade" to users) that is as big as if we all became millionaires over night

Daytrade, your arrows indicator repaints, it obviously erases the arrow when the next bar does not continue in the same direction as the EMA cross, otherwise it would have to be the holy grail. Look at the AUDUSD, chart you posted, towards the left of the chart there is an area where the candles were alternating up and down and yet no arrow appears until the move is sustained downwards. And if it repaints in such a way, its obvious that you have not actually been trading this for the past year as you have stated.

Reason: