New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 9

hughesfleming:
Thanks Nick,

That is good to know. I will wait to see what happens.

regards,

Alex

Alex

Multi time frame indicators (like this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page410 for example) will not work (at least they do not work in build 583)

Hi Mladen, Alex and others,

try this or try it again if you have the build 574, it seems its now build 583 or maybe will be build 58x next week.

How to get MT4 574 from MT4 509? - MQL4 forum

Best,

Nick

mr_nims:
Hi Mladen, Alex and others,

try this or try it again if you have the build 574, it seems its now build 583 or maybe will be build 58x next week.

How to get MT4 574 from MT4 509? - MQL4 forum

Best,

Nick

Nick

I am working with build 583 already (working with beta versions starting from the start for months already - my account number on their demo server is 150 - so I have been among the first ones to start working with it)

For example that multi time frame indicator was working with build 579 but they decided to change a recursive call permission, and with build 583 it does not work any more. It is nothing new (they have been doing "stuff" like that with metatrader 5 all the time) and we can expect in the coming times that in one build something works and then in the next one it will not work any more

I do not want to discourage you, but the problems are bigger than it looks at the first sight, but let us wait that Monday and see for ourselves when live trading starts

PS: did you try the renko live chart build 3.303 for the new metatrader. To my understanding it should work the same way as version 3.2

hughesfleming:
Thanks Nick,

That is good to know. I will wait to see what happens.

regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Please don't give up 2014, I'm sure its going to be a great or the greatest year for you, me as well as everyone else.

Now I'm not worried about the update, as for indicators, they can be easily recompiled to work on the new builds.

Hope's for everyone's success here on tsd,

Nick

Hi Mladen,

Yes, speculation will stop and fact will be fact after the update next week, unfortunately or fortunately we all have to face it, lets hope for the best, Nick

Renko mean - new format

Here is the renko mean made to work with new history file formats. It is an indicator now (so you can attach more than one instance to the same chart and produce multiple renko offline charts without a need to open multiple main charts)

Here is how the result of the renko mean of eurusd looks like now in the beta (default settings used, 1 minute chart used as a source for the first example, daily chart used as a source for the second example) :

Renko range bars made to work with new history file format

It is also changed to be indicator instead of EA (again, in order to allow multiple instances on the same chart). Example : candle size 10, daily chart used as a source for offline data generation. Results are the same as in current build 509 (with or without wick)

mladen, I drag it to the chart but nothing happens..I put it on indicator file

Robson Paludo:
mladen, I drag it to the chart but nothing happens..I put it on indicator file

You have to open the offline chart (it writes out the name you have to open in the upper left corner of the chart where you attached it)

I did it mladen, but really nothing happens..when I right click on chart does not show 'list of indicator' where always do when an indicator is attached on chart..

I open m1 chart, scroll back, drag the indicator..wait a minute and nothing...it's a indicator right?

Reason: