New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 6

jomatk:
Dear mladen

I tried to upload the !MTH Renko Chart Builder Indi Ver 02 which you provided to my Alpari MT4 demo account which runs built 574.

The indicator doesnt even appear in the platform when I open it although I have loaded it same way as with 100's of indis so far.

Is it because I have built 574 (you mentioned that we need 577...) or should I check for something else?

PS : what version of windows are you using?

Does someone have a range bars for new metatrader 4?

mladen:
PS : what version of windows are you using?

I use Vista and I dont see an MQL5 folder....

Files:
alpari.png  194 kb

I have one install of metatrader that just upgraded to 574. I am very unhappy.... it is completely buggered. If I have to recode anything it will be for C-Trader.

jomatk:
I use Vista and I dont see an MQL5 folder....

Sorry

My typo. It should be MQL4\indicators

mladen:
Sorry My typo. It should be MQL4\indicators

As you can see from attachement, I have indeed placed indi where you suggested but still doesnt appear in trading platform.....

Files:
alpari_001.png  177 kb

jomatk:
As you can see from attachement, I have indeed placed indi where you suggested but still doesnt appear in trading platform.....

First of all, look in the custom indicators (that is a custom indicator not a regular one - look in the custom indicators that is bellow the expert advisers group)

If you can not find it there, try the following : add "portable" to the shortcut (like on the picture)

If then you see the indicator (but you do not see your other indicators), look for the mq4 files somewhere in the c:\Documents and settings\user name\Application data and copy those to your local metatrader mql4\indicators folder

And the last : try installing metatrader somewhere else (not in the Program files folder). Best would be to install it on a partition different than c:

Files:
portable.gif  15 kb

As you can see from the first image I attached (a few messages up), the indi doesnt appear to the custom indicators folder either.

Sorry for my ignorance but where can I find this?

PS In order to install application outside of "program files", should I move it somewhere else or download it again?

Files:
beta.png  191 kb

jomatk:
As you can see from the first image I attached (a few messages up), the indi doesnt appear to the custom indicators folder either.

Sorry for my ignorance but where can I find this?

PS In order to install application outside of "program files", should I move it somewhere else or download it again?

You can simply copy it (the whole folder) to some other partition and then adjust the shortcut to point to the correct terminal.exe file

PS: did you check where are your indicators actually stored?

Reason: