Period Converter Opt Problem?

I have been using the period_converter_opt indicator to create a 10 min chart, and it works great. The only problem is that it only runs for so long (maybe a couple hours) and then the 10 min chart goes blank with "Waiting for Updates". The only way to recover is to close the 10 min chart and the re-open it.

Has anyone else encountered this, or is it just me? Any workarounds?

Thanks.

what the build number of client terminal do You use?

stringo wrote:
what the build number of client terminal do You use?

Is this chart opened offline? Is offline property not changed? "couple hours" - how much?

stringo wrote:

Is this chart opened offline? Is offline property not changed? "couple hours" - how much?

The offline property was not changed. I will have to do more investigation on the time. Has anyone else reported this kind of problem?

No, nobody's reported

Yes, I am reporting a related problem. The author says when MT4 is restarted, so long as the "breeder" chart is still open, then any special timeframe offline chart will also be open and update automatically just like the built in charts. This is not true. When MT4 is restarted, and with the "breeder" chart remaining open and updating, the special timeframe offline chart that was made from the "breeder" chart is as dead as a doornail. No changes were made to Chart Properties of the offline chart, either......"offline chart" remains checked.

Can the author of this indicator fix this error?

And I am reporting this second problem. A specially created timeframe chart updates only if you keep the chart as the active tab chart. If you click on another tab chart and then come back to it, it is dead as a door nail!

I really want this feature to work, but it is not working at all like I presumed it would. Who wants to create a special timeframe chart only to be forced to watch only it, or it will go dead? This is not good!

This feature would be great, but only if it can be made to work and stay working!

This expert is similar to period converter with the difference that it runs as an expert on 1min chart and updates with every tick just like a regular chart. It also includes time shift feature which will allow to see time on chart window in local time or any other time you like.
To use it open expert in 1min chart, set extPeriodMultiplier to desired period, then go to offiline charts and open corresponding offline chart. You can apply templates or add indicators.
The only caveat I found is that if you execute script on the chart it will soon freeze with "Waiting for update" message. So execute scripts on the real 1min chart that's running the expert.
Files:

irusoh1:
This expert is similar to period converter with the difference that it runs as an expert on 1min chart and updates with every tick just like a regular chart. It also includes time shift feature which will allow to see time on chart window in local time or any other time you like.
To use it open expert in 1min chart, set extPeriodMultiplier to desired period, then go to offiline charts and open corresponding offline chart. You can apply templates or add indicators.
The only caveat I found is that if you execute script on the chart it will soon freeze with "Waiting for update" message. So execute scripts on the real 1min chart that's running the expert.

I have added your indicator to my Custom Indicators list. When I open the 1 minute chart and then right click on your custom indicator.....NOTHING HAPPENS! No indicator window appears!

Why is your indicator not working?

frederick:

Yes, I am reporting a related problem. The author says when MT4 is restarted, so long as the "breeder" chart is still open, then any special timeframe offline chart will also be open and update automatically just like the built in charts. This is not true. When MT4 is restarted, and with the "breeder" chart remaining open and updating, the special timeframe offline chart that was made from the "breeder" chart is as dead as a doornail. No changes were made to Chart Properties of the offline chart, either......"offline chart" remains checked.

Can the author of this indicator fix this error?

My apologies. I is now working. I do not know why I had the above mentioned problems the first time I tried...

Now, a few days later, and during live market hours, I created a custom timeframe chart. It remains active as I switch back and forth from it to other charts. I even closed down MT4 and re-opened it and found the custom chart still working whenever I clicked on it.

This is a fantastic indicator.....fantastically usefull.

Now, if only the author of it would also produce a custom indicator that would enable conversion of MT4 time to user time in the Data Window........

Reason: