Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 91

We have these commands in the MQL4 Reference so are they there purely for MetaQuotes use and their Market sales or can we use them somehow to access this supposed extra level of protection MetaQuotes talk about? Note it states "A trial version of a paid product from the Market"in the LICENSE_DEMO description. Perhaps they relate to MT5 only?

Files:
license.gif  14 kb

cja:
We have these commands in the MQL4 Reference so are they there purely for MetaQuotes use and their Market sales or can we use them somehow to access this supposed extra level of protection MetaQuotes talk about? Note it states "A trial version of a paid product from the Market"in the LICENSE_DEMO description. Perhaps they relate to MT5 only?

:):)

And what about this (in the account information data)

User can not set that. So who (and why) can?

And maybe even more important : if they claim that they can not see what is executed on your terminal, how do they know that you are running an EA?

Files:
eas.gif  42 kb

Hi folks,

I have a question related to new MT4: is it posible to write script in new MT4 MQL that would write HST file in OLD format? Sorry if it is too trivial or stupid question, I just started learning MQL.

I was thinking, if it can be done, then write other script (independent of MT4) that would constantly copy this HST file (in old format) to offline instance of old MT4 and force it to refresh charts every second. This way, upgrades on new MT4 wouldnt affect my charts on old offline MT4. Althou I'll not be able to trade live from old offline MT4, at least I'll see my old charts and indicators there.

There are threads on this forum that adressed this approach somewhat, but I didnt get clear answer as it relates to new build of MT4.

I hope some of you knowledgable guys here can give me an answer, and possibly comment if it is a good idea at all or there are better solutions.

Thanks!

Serg

A message of from one broker to its client (user) :

We are delaying the update - making sure everything is all good before pushing it to clients. We will wait for the approval from OneZero as well as they keep tabs on the forums and community to make sure everything has been sorted across other brokers before pushing the new build with our clients.

:):)

sg_trader:
Hi folks,

I have a question related to new MT4: is it posible to write script in new MT4 MQL that would write HST file in OLD format? Sorry if it is too trivial or stupid question, I just started learning MQL.

I was thinking, if it can be done, then write other script (independent of MT4) that would constantly copy this HST file (in old format) to offline instance of old MT4 and force it to refresh charts every second. This way, upgrades on new MT4 wouldnt affect my charts on old offline MT4. Althou I'll not be able to trade live from old offline MT4, at least I'll see my old charts and indicators there.

There are threads on this forum that adressed this approach somewhat, but I didnt get clear answer as it relates to new build of MT4.

I hope some of you knowledgable guys here can give me an answer, and possibly comment if it is a good idea at all or there are better solutions.

Thanks!

Serg

Serg

You can write in any format you want to. But the problem is if the terminal is going to recognize it as metatrader history format or not. If it does not recognize it as a valid history file format, metatrader is simply ignoring the file. And the new metatrader ignores old history files

sg_trader:
Hi folks,

Thanks!

Serg

so far the signals from indicators on the new MT4 and old MT4 are exactly the same or at least on Alpari and build 574 (although i don't have the very latest yet)

but whether this changes in future or whether you have more complex indicators that wont run on the New MT4 i could nt say if it will be an issue

but hopefully if things stay the same, most wont need the old MT4 anyway

and the good news

there is one new feature on the New MT4 - a video recorder

although apart from recording what our brokers are up to, not sure why its needed?

mladen:
Serg You can write in any format you want to. But the problem is if the terminal is going to recognize it as metatrader history format or not. If it does not recognize it as a valid history file format, metatrader is simply ignoring the file. And the new metatrader ignores old history files

Mladen, thanks for the answer!

Im bit confused thou - are there no strict rules how old and new HST formats are written? If there are rules, then why MT4 wudn't recognize it? If there are no rules, then... it quite messed up :-)

I saw comment by Renat of Metaquotes that there is no documentation on HST format and "its for MQ's services only", still I thought MQL coders figured it out anyway.

If you, Mladen, or anyone else reading this thread, know how to write HST files in old format, please share your knwoledge!

Thanks!

sg_trader:
Mladen, thanks for the answer!

Im bit confused thou - are there no strict rules how old and new HST formats are written? If there are rules, then why MT4 wudn't recognize it? If there are no rules, then... it quite messed up :-)

I saw comment by Renat of Metaquotes that there is no documentation on HST format and "its for MQ's services only", still I thought MQL coders figured it out anyway.

If you, Mladen, or anyone else reading this thread, know how to write HST files in old format, please share your knwoledge!

Thanks!

You can use this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page2 to see what is the new format and how a new history file format is written

offline charts are also working exactly the same on new and old MT4s, every signal

even the candles are exactly the same

Reason: