Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 85

WR1:
Hi Mladen

Alpari may of stopped the update - for reasons unknown

i have a saved copy of the same installation and turned it on to see if it would also update last night and it has stayed on 509,

so maybe a mistake occurred somewhere yesterday and those that had MT4 on at the time got the update

those with it off, get a few wks more peace and quiet

its says on the Metaquotes sites at the top, the 1st of February, so assume the full roll out will be then

but have to say its the least impressive update of anything i've ever seen and am still wondering where are all the new features for the normal end user?

as so far it certainly does n't justify the time being spent to try to sort it all out

talking of which, unfortunately the New P4L i could n't get to work other than multiples of 1min

but could n't get 2hr or 3hr etc, only 119mins and 179mins etc

any ideas what the problem might be or something i may of done wrong

(thanks for the info on the ex files, it appeared once removing all the others)

one thing users will see fairly quickly in the New MT4 is information and a link to a video about there new signal service

any advice appreciated

Thanks alot

WR1

I did not change the logic of P4L indicator. But right now noticed one case when an update problem happen. Will find a solution and will post it as so as I find the solution and I think that it will solve your issue too

WR1:
Hi Mladen

Alpari may of stopped the update - for reasons unknown

i have a saved copy of the same installation and turned it on to see if it would also update last night and it has stayed on 509,

so maybe a mistake occurred somewhere yesterday and those that had MT4 on at the time got the update

those with it off, get a few wks more peace and quiet

its says on the Metaquotes sites at the top, the 1st of February, so assume the full roll out will be then

but have to say its the least impressive update of anything i've ever seen and am still wondering where are all the new features for the normal end user?

as so far it certainly does n't justify the time being spent to try to sort it all out

talking of which, unfortunately the New P4L i could n't get to work other than multiples of 1min

but could n't get 2hr or 3hr etc, only 119mins and 179mins etc

any ideas what the problem might be or something i may of done wrong

(thanks for the info on the ex files, it appeared once removing all the others)

one thing users will see fairly quickly in the New MT4 is information and a link to a video about there new signal service

any advice appreciated

Thanks alot

WR1

I think that the problem you had is solved in this version. try it out. I tested it and it seems that it is working (upadting such offline charts) correctly, but better that someone else tests it too (it is always better if more people look at a same problem - easier to find potential errors)

Files:

Hi,

thanks Mladen

any ideas why the MT4 period convertor disappears after closing MT4 down, as it does work,

but has to be re-added again the next time MT4 is re-opened

Thanks for your help

(it seems MQ's has us all by the balls again)

WR1:
Hi,

thanks Mladen

any ideas why the MT4 period convertor disappears after closing MT4 down, as it does work,

but has to be re-added again the next time MT4 is re-opened

Thanks for your help

(it seems MQ's has us all by the balls again)

WR1

Which MT4 period converter exactly?

Hi Mladen

it works!

tested it on a few different time frames, and some random ones and everything is working, even after re-opening

i tried quite a few different things last night for a good few hrs, and could n't get much to work, so its very much appreciated,

you should send Metaquotes a bill and your invoice for all the issues you've had to fix (at least for a joke) you never know they might send you a cheque or some caviar

it was the built in Period convertor in the scripts, but not needed now, i'll use your P4L instead

many many thanks

Strangely all the old indi's are running in a normal market test on the 5m chart

which is really weird as the compiler yesterday said most have many errors

when others make the switch do NOT compile any old MT4 indi in the new editor (and that is n't for the NEW MT4) or the old MT4 indi will stop working in the New MT4 unless another saved copy of the old MT4 indi that has nt been compiled with the new editor is re-added back into the New MT4

Add the older indicators into the indicators folder in the New MT4 and then just load the old templates from the old MT4 onto the New MT4

and you're old indis and templates should work as before on the New MT4

i wonder if this is MQs olive branch, so disgruntled users won't riot and send the Horses heads

anyhow so far, and fingers crossed the old indis (with many new errors) are still working on the New MT4

also back up any present MT4 installations in a separate folder on D drive or wherever, but not in C drive

and also back up an old editor as far away from the New MT4 as the new editor will assign itself to the old indis and then any changes on those wont then work in the new editor, but should ? still work if done on the old editor

Good luck!

WR1:
Strangely all the old indi's are running in a normal market test on the 5m chart

which is really weird as the compiler yesterday said most have many errors

when others make the switch do NOT compile any old MT4 indi in the new editor (and that is n't for the NEW MT4) or the old MT4 indi will stop working in the New MT4 unless another saved copy of the old MT4 indi that has nt been compiled with the new editor is re-added back into the New MT4

Add the older indicators into the indicators folder in the New MT4 and then just load the old templates from the old MT4 onto the New MT4

and you're old indis and templates should work as before on the New MT4

i wonder if this is MQs olive branch, so disgruntled users won't riot and send the Horses heads

anyhow so far, and fingers crossed the old indis (with many new errors) are still working on the New MT4

also back up any present MT4 installations in a separate folder on D drive or wherever, but not in C drive

and also back up an old editor as far away from the New MT4 as the new editor will assign itself to the old indis and then any changes on those wont then work in the new editor, but should ? still work if done on the old editor

Good luck!

If the errors are warnings (implicit conversion and similar warnings) then it is not a problem.

The bigest problem is when expected data format has changed (like rates) and when those are used for history files or DLLs : there is no other way but to rewrite such stuff to be compatible with the new metatrader. Things like period converted, renko charts, ticks charts, constant range bars, ... simply must be rewritten otherwise they will not work OK at all (in most cases they will not work). And since some dlls are present only in dll form (not in source) than it is natural to expect that those are going to be either stopped to be used or the owner will write a new version.

Hi Mladen

i forgot about the DLLs and others, luckily i don't use any of the more complex indis or with DLLs,

only the period convertor, but mostly just some of yours and Mr Tools indis and a few others

some of them though have alot of yellow warnings, but some have 16 red warnings, and still seem to be running,

im still live testing so not 100% sure and need to make sure the ones with the red are really working

although the Macd crossover Histo has loads of red errors and is working live but not sure for how long though

at least it will mean less for coders such as yourself to fix

and thanks again for the help,

and the period convertor fix has saved alot of hassle (for many)

Yellow warning are mostly benign (but sometimes they can cause serious problems)

Red errors are preventing the compiler from producing the ex4 file and those are always the first that need to be solved

So much fuss about this forced transition that we forgot that it is still a beta

To continue : build 577.

1. Even though you can chose OnCalulate() two modes in the indicator, it do not work as expected. The mode that would allow us to use other indicators data for a price does not work at all.

2. You can use the property buffers + property plots combination (usual in metatrader 5) but it means nothing. If you declare a buffer as a color buffer, it will still be drawn on the chart regardless of the declaration (attaching examples for both cases)

3. Problems with labels still not corrected

4. Very unpleasant bug with metaeditor : when your code has "." somewhere in the name (like "indicator ver 1.1" and if you want to save it, the name will be cut to that ".". You always have to be alert not to lose your code name

Files:
Reason: