Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 89

This is becoming ridiculous.

What the compiler was accepting till yesterday, it will not accept today. Now it does not want to accept enumeration for prices that goes like this :

enum prices

{

pr_close, // Close

pr_open, // Open

pr_high, // High

pr_low, // Low

pr_median, // Median

pr_typical, // Typical

pr_weighted // Weighted

};

but I have to ad manul casting ((int)Price) in order to force the compiler to accept it. It resembles more and more to the bs that was done with metatrader 5 : what you wrote one day, the next day you had to rewrite because some brilliant mind decided to change the way how compiler works. Not good. Not good at all, and it looks like this "new metatrader 4" will have exactly the same destiny as metattrader 5 : none

Any "custom" enumeration now is declared an "improper enumeration"

This is becoming ridiculous - if they are not able to have a type cast of a simple enumeration and if they are not able to save string parameters between two runs of a terminal. than what can the actually do? Are we going to have to rewrite the code each and every day just because someone does not have rules for the compiler before they start making the compiler? That is a work of amateurs

I think it is useless what we are saying. They are having an order to praise the new metatrader 4 now, and they are doing that on mq site. And we are going to be forced to use it

:):):)

Build 579 :

This is the stupidest bug that I have ever seen in my life. See the order of the enumerated items, and then see how it is displayed in the option. The thing now inverts the order of all enumerated options in parameters. This is becoming a 5 years old kid game pretending to make a compiler now

PS: needless to say - all the previous bugs are still present

Files:
enumeration.gif  50 kb
_test.mq4  1 kb

It is only a couple of days before the "official release". At the present state I would not recommend it, not even to my worst enemy

What they are counting on is that people are inert. We do not like to change. And I would not like to change my broker. But this time it will be a test of my broker too (how serious they are taking this and how good their IT team is). Will have to decide

been reading some posts on mq forum - confusion seems to be complete there : to the point that some people claim that old hst files will be recognized by new metatrader 4. To make it clear : old format files will not be usable from new metatrader 4. Period.

You mean that current ex4 files will not work?

ssotiro:
You mean that current ex4 files will not work?

ssotiro

No. That current hst (history files and offline data for offline charts) files can not be used from new metatrader 4. The format of the history files is completely different and they can not be used in a new metatrader 4 any more.

Current ex4 files, if they are not using explicitly the old history files format, are probably going to work (reports so far are that at least 90% of those is working). As long as you do not try top recompile those

OK, thanks for clarifying that.

Reason: