Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 42

Build 544. Same errors (some are worse than in build 543 - a simple multi time frame test with string parameter in the custom indicator caused a terminal reset). Called indicators still not unloaded from memory. Did not test anything more. Till they solve what I consider to be a basic (and being able to have a string parameter that can be used in a normal manner from iCustom() call is by all means a basic of the basic prerequisites that we should expect) not testing anything more "complicated"

This build 544 is extremely unstable and unpredictable (even for beta). Once it work one way whenn you change the time frames or symbols, then it crashes your platform, then it works the third way. So far the only thing that did not happen is that it worked correctly when called using iCustom()

mladen:
Biggest news are statements like this on metaquotes site : If we "read between the lines" it seems that the "all is OK" campaign have started. Nothing new in the way how we are going to be convinced that what we see is not what we see

I read that post and the guy tested beta for 1 day and on the same day he concluded that all is perfect (even though when he tried to compile "All custom indicator (.mq4) are failed while compiled with latest MetaEditor.") :):)

People are starting to realize there too that something is not as they expected. It will take much longer time to have new metatrader as a stable trading platform than it was promised at the first wave of promoting it

checkin:
People are starting to realize there too that something is not as they expected. It will take much longer time to have new metatrader as a stable trading platform than it was promised at the first wave of promoting it

It will be OK one day ... eventually. Or it won't be OK and then we are going to use other platforms. Metaquotes is dancing a strange dance now

No new updates today so far

Now news in the way how it works

Build 545

Sorry to report that nothing have changed. Here is one example : upper picture is shwing what will be passed as an argument to an iCustom() call. Lower picture is showing what has "arrived" to the called instance of the indicator. Also, still not unloading the called instance from memory and also erratic behavior in some case. No list of updates issued by metaquotes so I am not able to tell what is changed (corrected) or if they actually changed anything

Files:

@Mladen. I know nothing about programming language but I have decided that as from next year I will learn. Please advice me where to start? I cannot take a formal course since I am currently a university student so I will learn part time. Please point me in the right direction I want to code indicators in MQL. Any resources you know about, online school, books anything ? And also if I may ask were you a coder before 1998? The help is highly appreciated thanks.

comfort310:
@Mladen. I know nothing about programming language but I have decided that as from next year I will learn. Please advice me where to start? I cannot take a formal course since I am currently a university student so I will learn part time. Please point me in the right direction I want to code indicators in MQL. Any resources you know about, online school, books anything ? And also if I may ask were you a coder before 1998? The help is highly appreciated thanks.

This could be a god starting point : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172969/page2

Thank you very much mladen. I knew I will get help here thank you. I will read every single bit.

Reason: