Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 82

Hello all,

I have dedicated a PC to the new MT4 Beta.

I have tested my indics , scripts and Ea's. Everything seems going well. Happy with that. (backtests and forward test, signals and more)

Except this simple question: Compiler built 574 always write on each file an error: "cannot create interface of MQL compiler".

What does than mean?

Thanks

Have a good trading week.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98:
Hello all,

I have dedicated a PC to the new MT4 Beta.

I have tested my indics , scripts and Ea's. Everything seems going well. Happy with that. (backtests and forward test, signals and more)

Except this simple question: Compiler built 574 always write on each file an error: "cannot create interface of MQL compiler".

What does than mean?

Thanks

Tomcat98

Tomcat98

Never saw such an error. And even can not find in the help files nor in what is published about metatrader what would that error mean. Sorry that can not help

"Never saw such an error. And even can not find in the help files nor in what is published about metatrader what would that error mean. Sorry that can not help " mladen

Thanks mladen for your reply.

If you're not able to solve that error, for sure MT4 is in big trouble! loooll.

Thanks for that answer.

I' ll check on Russian sites for that.

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

it is probably a corrupt installation error. Did you try reinstalling the whole thing?

checkin:
it is probably a corrupt installation error. Did you try reinstalling the whole thing?

Yes I did that too, on a dedicated PC where no other previous MT4 was installed.

Same thing...

That's beta test after all...

Anyway thanks ...

Sincerely

Tomcat98

Since existing ex4 files are executed correctly on the new metatrader 4 (problems are mainly when you try to compile the code using new compiler) people are considering a possibility to compile with the existing (build 509) metatrader and using it with new metatrader. It might be a good idea to prepare all for that step too, but also be prepared that metatrader will not allow that for a long time and that it will cancel the support for ex4 files built older builds

But, we have a good couple of months at the least till we are going to have to make a decision.

One minor bug of the new metatrader 4 : you can cause a wrong time display on the time scale when resizing the window (it dos not go to infinity, but the time displacement on the charts can be significant). That same bug exists in the current build 509, so that is an inherited bug

Files:

Forgot to mention one kind of indicators/scripts/experts that will not work at all from the start regardless of the build of metatrader used to compiled them : offline charts will not work OK any more. All of them have to be rewritten. There is no cure for that

What will happen to dlls that are using string parameters? Some talks that they can not be used in metatrader any more

techmac:
What will happen to dlls that are using string parameters? Some talks that they can not be used in metatrader any more

I don't know

In the MQL4\samples\DLLSample you have an example that explicitly is showing how strings can be used in a dll call but did not check them yet - from the code it looks like the obsolete version of a C example (it is still using old structure for data)

Reason: