Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 11

WR1:
whats the old saying "if it ain't broke - don't fix it"

and don't **** off your customers

we could just all boycott the new(ish) platform and not use it

if Metaquotes really want people to change to MT5, then all they have to do is to add back a few of features the old platform has

(or at least that's the impression i read on the net)

And make a compiler that automatically changes our MQ4 files into MQ5

this is what Microsoft would do

how hard can this be to do?

WR1

Coding language differences and the whole logic of trading (remember that there are no multiple orders in metatrader 5) are so big that they are two completely different things.

That is error No1 when it comes to what metatrader did : they were counting on a big sales of a completely new product and we all know where is that whole idea right now.

Error No2 : the coding language as it is in metatader 5 is for professionals (and even professionals must spend much more time coding the same thing then they had to spend using metatrader 4 coding language) and the basis of metatrader 4 are not professional coders, but traders that know something about coding. And that coding language has so little in common with the old coding language, that we can easily say that it has nothing in common with the coding language used in metatrader 4 at all

And error No3 : when they decided to send metatrader 4 code to history, they broke the basic rule of sales. You do not sell petrol to people and then try to sell them a car that runs on diesel fuel. None of the serious trading platform did not do that (ever) and that is why they still occupy the larger part of the forex market. Metaquotes can tell this and that, but see what did tradestation do in all these years and you can still run their code written 10-15 years ago on it without any problem.

All in all, they were trying to reinvent the wheel and they ended up inventing a square wheel and now they are in the middle of nowhere. That is probably the reason why they are doing now what they are doing : a fake move that pretends that all will be OK while it will not be since it can not be compatible at all. Telling that new metatrader will be compiled into native code but that all the older ex4 files will be able to execute as well, is as telling that an Earthling can talk to Martian on whatever language he wants, since he will not be understood anyway (but sound so good, doesn't it) since native code and P-code are like that Earthling and Martian conversation.

I am not an optimist in this case, but let us give them a benefit of a doubt and see if there is actually some good idea in all that charade or it is what none of us want's it to be : the end of one trading platform

mladen:
Tomcat98 But in all other cases almost all that you can find on one platform can be found on another platform (or similar things) so a trading system composed of some indicator should not be too big a problem to replicate on any platform

Hello Mladen,

Well , not so sure about that.

When someone has built so many good efficient and various tools (complete toolbox), just wondering if it will not be a waste of time to rebuilt those in a different coding language again and again.

Would there be a standard C(?) program that could be inserted in some other platforms ?

Wondering about future MT4/5 coding / compiling platform. This is why I investigate how to handle with that possible threat. A standard C language (or equivalent) that could be inserted in different platforms could be a final solution better than replicating over and over according to various economic instances .

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

mladen:
WR1 "but let us give them a benefit of a doubt and see if there is actually some good idea in all that charade

Xross fingers and hopes...

Have a good WE

Tomcat98

Tomcat98:
Xross fingers and hopes...

Have a good WE

Tomcat98

Hope it will be easy for newbie like me. Lets see how it goes.

No updates (of course - it is weekend_ but an interesting question has been risen : what does a "signed by a private key" means and does it actually mean that the code can not be compiled. Taking into account some experience with metatrader 5 (where it always writes you out the exact line and a position within the line where the error occurred in run-time) it is obvious that it is :

• either the same kind of code as metatrader 4 (pre-compiled code, not native code)
  • or it is placing debug info without asking us about it which will largely "help" in decompiling

And what does a "private" refer to? I have never been asked by a metatrader 5 about any kind of my "private key", so whose is the "private key"? If it is not mine, .... conclude yourselves. If we remember that even last year there were some questions from some championship participants how could metaquotes know some things about their code if the metatrader 5 ex5 can not be decompiled, it does not sound as good as it sounded at the beginning ... One more decompiling affair would most definitively force a lot of good coders to stop coding for metatarder and that would be it

Again. I do hope that I am wrong. And again, this was thinking out loud about some things that are obviously not as clear as they should sound to a regular user of metatrader

Too much information from metaquotes contraindicating each other - not a good sign

looking at the changes on MT4, they are making better for scalpers, especially the X adjacent to P/L

Price Action Trading:
looking at the changes on MT4, they are making better for scalpers, especially the X adjacent to P/L

Would you mind explaining that?

BTW: unfortunately I was right about the security of metatrader 5 compiled code. Some information I got shows the opposite of what is stated officially. It could be a fake info, but somehow I doubt it

techmac:
Would you mind explaining that?

I believe he talking about the cross to close trades and that has been around for a while now

Files:
cross_1.gif  25 kb
Reason: