Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 9

1. The values of the same-name MQL4/MQL5 enumerations are perceived correctly (the values of MQL4 enumeration members may be different from the ones of the same-name members of the similar MQL5 enumerations).

Dear Mladen,

May I ask you for explaining the sentence quoted above?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

chrisstoff:
Dear Mladen,

May I ask you for explaining the sentence quoted above?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Chrisstoff

Just a hypothetical example :

Lets assume that PRICE_CLOSE is equal to 0 in metatrader 4 and is equal to 1 in metatrader 5. What they are trying to explain is that the compiler will use value 0 when compiling metatarder 4 version and will use value 1 when compiling metatrader 5 version and that that way it wiill avoid errors in execution of the code

PS: in reality the PRICE_CLOSE is same in metatrader 4 and 5 (0) but there are enumerated constants that have same name and different values. Apparently they solved that

mladen:
Chrisstoff

Just a hypothetical example :

Lets assume that PRICE_CLOSE is equal to 0 in metatrader 4 and is equal to 1 in metatrader 5. What they are trying to explain is that the compiler will use value 0 when compiling metatarder 4 version and will use value 1 when compiling metatrader 5 version and that that way it wiill avoid errors in execution of the code

PS: in reality the PRICE_CLOSE is same in metatrader 4 and 5 (0) but there are enumerated constants that have same name and different values. Apparently they solved that

It's clear now, thank you for the explanation.

One interesting thing that I have noticed : even some moderators at MT4 site think that these changes are introduced in order to force transition to metatrader 5. Interesting indeed

Great!...Now all we need is a "False Flag Attack" for all the hell to break loose...Mt5 indeed...

mladen:
One interesting thing that I have noticed : even some moderators at MT4 site think that these changes are introduced in order to force transition to metatrader 5. Interesting indeed

Pava:
Great!...Now all we need is a "False Flag Attack" for all the hell to break loose...Mt5 indeed...

Frankly it is strange.

Instead of having a clear picture and clear instructions at the least, all we are seeing is some sort of "I don't know what to do". And it is obvious that where metarader was strongest (large code base) is suffering (I, for one - among the others, do not know what to do and for which bloody platform to finally write the code that will not be obsolete tomorrow)

It is a case of "Art imitating Life" or in this case MT4/5 Folks doing that...:)

mladen:
Frankly it is strange. Instead of having a clear picture and clear instructions at the least, all we are seeing is some sort of "I don't know what to do". And it is obvious that where metarader was strongest (large code base) is suffering (I, for one - among the others, do not know what to do and for which bloody platform to finally write the code that will not be obsolete tomorrow)

Pava:
It is a case of "Art imitating Life" or in this case MT4/5 Folks doing that...:)

I just hope that what we are just guessing for now will not become truth one day

A lot of people are not fully aware what kind of a back-step would be that in this moment

One World Government = No FOREX:)

mladen:
I just hope that what we are just guessing for now will not become truth one day A lot of people are not fully aware what kind of a back-step would be that in this moment

According to information from a metaquotes site in Russian new metatrader 4 should be able to work with graphical objects the same way as metatrader 5. Now that is a good news and a bad new. Graphical objects in metatrader 5 are nice and it would allow us to do things that were not possible at all in metatrader 4 but they are so different in the way how they are treated (code wise) that there is no way that a new metatrader 4 will not have changes that will disable some older code to run ...

Reason: