Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 129

Gfuchs:
Broker updated to build 625. Expert Advisor button is now called "AutoTrading" and was activated automatically after the update to 625 even though I had it deactivated before updating ... So it seems that on Monday next week there is a good chance for a surprise for those updating their terminal and who have EAs attached to their charts ?

The EA button has different functionality than before - experts still receive the OnTick event, but they refuse to operate orders. In addition, the button seems to apply to scripts as well, so probably you cannot use any script to manage orders while the EAs button is off.

Build

- yes 625, not 621 or 622 or 623 or 624 but 625 - they "managed" to "make" a 5 builds change in two days

What they promised on mql forum that F7 is going to compile only the current file you are working on (and it was even posted the "done" post) - forget about. They didn't do it. The rest is more or less the same. Order functions are issuing compiler warning if you do not "use" the bool returns, the rest (like OnCalculate that could use other indicators data that does not work from day 1) and some other quick test are showing no significant changes (improvements)

mladen:
Build

- yes 625, not 621 or 622 or 623 or 624 but 625 - they "managed" to "make" a 5 builds change in two days What they promised on mql forum that F7 is going to compile only the current file you are working on (and it was even posted the "done" post) - forget about. They didn't do it. The rest is more or less the same. Order functions are issuing compiler warning if you do not "use" the bool returns, the rest (like OnCalculate that could use other indicators data that does not work from day 1) and some other quick test are showing no significant changes (improvements)

Build 625?

Soon build 700, then 800, then 900 then - no metatrader

Build 625 only brought the magazines. The rest is just minor bugs correction (all the serious problems are still there)

Now that we can subscribe to magazines using metatrader I am going to live happily ever after and I even do not have to trade any more. MQ a big thanks for making new metatrader 4 so un-reliable. It will make my decision much easier

techmac:
Build 625 only brought the magazines. The rest is just minor bugs correction (all the serious problems are still there) Now that we can subscribe to magazines using metatrader I am going to live happily ever after and I even do not have to trade any more. MQ a big thanks for making new metatrader 4 so un-reliable. It will make my decision much easier

They are not selling subscriptions

They are selling individual magazines. Soon, I guess, they are going to sell pot (all in the interest of using the trading platform better ).

mladen:
They are not selling subscriptions They are selling individual magazines. Soon, I guess, they are going to sell pot (all in the interest of using the trading platform better ).

That would be a "happy trading" :):)

mladen:
They are not selling subscriptions They are selling individual magazines. Soon, I guess, they are going to sell pot (all in the interest of using the trading platform better ).

Magazines? I thought you were kidding and there they are! LOL!

hughesfleming:
Magazines? I thought you were kidding and there they are! LOL!

Believe me or not that is the biggest change in the new builds. We should by magazines instead of being concerned about the bugs

Bugs? According to some mq moderators there are no bugs. If something does not work as it should we should not use it (that was the "answer" I got from one moderator there) so, according to that moderator, I am the one making error because I am trying to use a metatrader to interact with a perfectly legal windows API function that does not work as they have described it in their articles and help files as it is supposed to work simply because mq messed up. That is the stupidest answer I have ever got regarding any post about mq and since then I decided not to report them anything nor to post anything there : useless

I am sorry to hear that mladen. I have been holding off as long as possible but as of today my last working 509 became 625 so now I have to get up to date with all the recent changes. It does not look very promising reading through the last few pages of this thread. Many thanks for all the time you have put in helping everyone with this.

Alex

cja:
This has got to be one of the most disturbing things I have seen yet? Lucky it was only a Demo ( build 616 ) that I was doing some testing on. How can you possibly even think that this platform is ready for Live trading if sl levels can be totally ineffective like this?

That is outrageous! Thanks cja for the heads up.

Alex

Reason: