Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 127

mladen:
Yep, but so far I haven't seen that there is a valid stop loss on orders that should have been executed long time ago and that they are not closed. That is beyond any comment ...

With stuff like that it is better to throw the money out the window

When do they intend to have a trading platform that can be used? In the next century?

I do not know what is their development team doing, but these errors are becoming so basic as if someone there is making new metatrader 4 work bad on purpose. Something is very wrong in the development they are doing

techmac:
I do not know what is their development team doing, but these errors are becoming so basic as if someone there is making new metatrader 4 work bad on purpose. Something is very wrong in the development they are doing

There is no "Quality" in their quality control with no regression testing from release to release to determine what has been fixed and what new errors have arisen. The development team is just flinging out fixes in hopes they correct some errors while not screwing up existing code which seems to be the case while they are up to their a$$es in deep dodo with the alligators circling closer and closer. Hopefully they will finish them off sooner rather than later.

What they are currently doing is ridiculous

It is like a Russian roulette : you never know what will hit you the next

Guys, did you notice that this bloody thing draws level 0 in sub-windows regardless if you want it or not. The same crap as metatrader 5.

techmac:
Guys, did you notice that this bloody thing draws level 0 in sub-windows regardless if you want it or not. The same crap as metatrader 5.

Thou I did not, I noticed many other crap. In the environment around rendering indicators and graphic objects it is 50% chance that the command works.

And the new 910 compiler - besides the new bug with the "static" keyword (which I cannot simply bypass) they inserted one byte padding into an empty structure definition. Byte more or less, who cares...

And since the 617 you can insert multiple identical indicators to a single subwindow.

Build 618 : not know exactly what did they change

What is sure is the following : not even copying one value to another will guarantee you same values. Here is an example : upper is using values that are copied using the simplest of them all buffer=buffer; in cases when the filter is lower than the expected, and lower is that same thing (same copy statement) only the values are compares using 8 digit precision normalized values in comparison (according to help file, 8 digit is the maximum supported). Not even on the 8th decimal there were differences, where you see the differences in color comparing the 2 indicators. So much about having a reliable platform (that does not know to copy value of one element to another)

Not going to point out where the differences are, but there are quite a few and they are easily to spot

Files:
comparison.gif  67 kb

Problems when timer used : it repeatedly downloads data when trying to send events to refresh the chart anf to send a new tick. Makes a log file grow like crazy

checkin:
Problems when timer used : it repeatedly downloads data when trying to send events to refresh the chart anf to send a new tick. Makes a log file grow like crazy

I am not quite sure, but I think it has been happening in any case, if refresh is applying to the online chart.

Ovo:
I am not quite sure, but I think it has been happening in any case, if refresh is applying to the online chart.

Unrelated to the post : I see you got the "metaquotes hospitality portion" too. Welcome to the club

Reason: